Navigation dropdowns really choppy

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:36

Navigation dropdowns really choppy

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

For my main navigation, I'm using the Horizontal with drop down menus.  In 3.7, the drop down animation was nice and smooth.  But in 4.0, it's really choppy.  It's like it starts to drop, pauses, and then shoots down the rest of the way, and it does this in every browser I've tried.  I need this to look much more polished, or just not have the animation at all.

Is there any way to adjust the animation or turn it off?

Thanks.
Orion

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

you can turn off animation, you just have to use an ascx like this one :

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sf" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.SiteMapNavigations" TagPrefix="navcontrols" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<navcontrols:SiteMapNavigationMenu ID="HorizontalDropDownMenu" runat="server" CollapseAnimation-Type="None" ExpandAnimation-Type="None">
</navcontrols:SiteMapNavigationMenu>

Regards,

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

You can also use each BaseDataBound control in your template. It will be automatically populated by the NavigationControl

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks for the assist.  Turns out it must be something in how I'm styling the navigation.  I placed the nav widget on a test page that doesn't use my template, and it's perfectly smooth.  Something I've done is causing it to misbehave.  Now I just have to track that down.

Thanks again!

This thread is closed