Getting CultureNotFoundException exceptions in Event Log (Ev

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:54

Getting CultureNotFoundException exceptions in Event Log (Event Code 3005)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Occasionally, our site won't respond and I'll check into our server (dedicated 2008 R2 box) and find w3wp.exe pegged.  I looked in the SiteFinity logs and didn't see much but the Event Log has several errors like the following:

Process information:

Process ID: 2868

Process name: w3wp.exe

Account name: IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool

Exception information:

Exception type: CultureNotFoundException

Exception message: Culture is not supported.

Parameter name: name

MenuMoreActions.css is an invalid culture identifier.

at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String name, Boolean useUserOverride)

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext)

at System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext)

at System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Request information:

Request URL: deletedurl/Action/Styles/MenuMoreActions.css

Is MenuMoreActions.css part of SiteFinity and why would I keep getting invalid culture identifiers?  We have version 4.0.

Thanks in advanced.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Chris Joyce,

Yes, it is part of Sitefinity. Are you able to reproduce this exception in a constant manner? We cannot reproduce it locally. Is there more information?

All the best,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Pavel,

I believe it is related to when we publish content changes to the site.  We were very active with content changes about 2 weeks ago and had the issue regularly.  I just checked the Event Log and saw an event from 10PM last night and that's exactly when I was editing a single page.  All I'm doing is clicking on the page, editing the HTML and publishing.  And I know I haven't touched this particular page very much so I'm guessing it would be a problem with any page.  So you may be able to reproduce if you try to make content changes in the CMS.

Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Chris Joyce,

Unfortunatelly still no luck in reproducing in this issue. What type of content do you have on that page, do you have any custom controls or modules? Is it causing some side effects on your site?

Regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Pavel,

I'd have to ask one of the developers about controls on the subpage template but I know we use navigation, RadScriptManager and RadWindow.  In the CMS, I just drop a single content block and enter my text there.  Very simple pages.

We have found and confirmed two bugs in the upgrade to SP1 that were related to 403 errors and indexing.  I think we'll wait for SP2 to try the upgrade and then I can retest to see if this was fixed.  FYI, we submitted our project files to your help desk on those two items so you may be able to use that to try and reproduce with our current system.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Chris,

We have fixed several issues related to the page rendering for the forthcoming release of Q1. We will be ready with the release next week, so I suggest that you should try to upgrade your project and let us know if there are still issues at your end.

Regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team

This thread is closed