how to create aspx page rather extensionless

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:30

how to create aspx page rather extensionless

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

Currently i am creating Extensionless pages but i need to create some aspx pages in sitefinity 4.0.

I have read some thread that refer CMS tag in web.config but this tag is not available in web.config.

Please let me know if CMS tag is still available then CMS tag in which section of Web.config would be available and it is not then what the way we can create aspx or any other extension pages.

thanks
saqi

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi saqib,

cms tag is part of the 3.x web.config. The current implementation of Sitefinity 4.0 works with extensionless  urls only.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

hi,

Well, there is any chance of implementation of this feature in next service Pack because otherwise we have to chance another option.

Please this feature is very useful and very helfping specially when you are migrating any website to sitefinity with same URLs.

thanks
saqi

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello saqib,

Sitefinity 4.0 actually has no issues with handling extensions in urls. The problem is with the validation on the user interface that doesn't allow that. Fortunately, you can modify the Regular Expression being used for validation of that field through user interface, without any programming.

The new regular expression you should use is:
^[\pL\-\!\$\(\)\=\@\d_\'\.]+$

I am attaching a video demonstrating how to modify the validation rules for insert and edit views for pages.

All the best,
Ivan
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2011 00:00

Telerik,

I know this post is fairly old Mar 2011 - but we have an issue with this. We are using SF 4.3.  We have migrated several sites from 3.6 to 4.3 using the migration process described by Telerik.  All pages that imported with success have an .aspx extension and they work fine.  There are a few pages that did not import.  We have to maintain the aspx extension for all pages. 

We found this post and thought we had a solution.  We have followed the video step-by-step. We can create a new page and name the URL MyPage.aspx.  But when we attempt to edit the page or address the page via URL (http://xxx.xxxx.com/MyPage.aspx) we get a 404 in both cases.  What else do we need to do in SF version 4.3 to create pages with aspx extensions?

We desperately need this answered. We are in the middle of migrating around 7 sites.

Thanks
WB

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2011 00:00

William,

This thread may shed some light on your issue.

Hope this helps!

This thread is closed