Gallery Backend: Unable to manage albums if no images upload

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:16

Gallery Backend: Unable to manage albums if no images uploaded

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I just realized that I wanted to start over with my image uploads. I have a couple albums created, a bunch of images uploaded in each. I went to list view, selected all images and then deleted them. Now I want to delete the two albums I had created but have no way of doing so. The only view I get is Upload Image or Create Album. How can I remove these existing albums (without going into the database or writing custom code)?

Regards,
Phill

@Phill

This has been an UI glitch for me a long time. Been reported.

I guess the workaround would be to upload an image to default album. After that the other albums should be visible and therefore deletable.

Did not test it, but give it a try.

Markus

Hi Markus,

That works but I'm trying to approach things from my clients (the content creators/editors and not technical users) of the system. I can do workarounds all day long but work-arounds aren't acceptable for my client. Ok, maybe one or two work arounds are ok, but not a work around for every single task in Sitefinity (yeah, I'm losing my mind here, the more I use SF4 the more bugs I find).

Cheers,
Phill

@Phill

I am postponing development till Q1 so I feel your pain from a enduser point. Developer wise SF 4.0 might be well ready.

And since you seem to have know how to work around it you could have made a sugestion. I was hopping that more of these stuff would make it on PITS because there are a ton of ideas on improving SF for the end user, and yes there are also more then 20 bugs that have been reported.

I am glad that you are still around and am positive that in the end SF 4.0 will be better then 3.7 (although I was happy with most of the stuff and the price in 3.7  :-))

So stick around and think how much work they are doing right now. Telerik is listening and doing its best to fix and improve stuff.

Markus

I'm around for now as I have a license I paid for and a site promised to a client. After that I'm not sure if I'll be around or not. I've been rather embarrassed with this current client as the site is almost 2 months late now due to SF4 being far from complete. It's my fault for thinking that SF4 would be ready but with Telerik no longer selling SF 3 licenses I didn't have time to switch to another platform. I gambled and lost, simple as that. Once this site is done I know that I won't have this client's business anymore and the higher prices with more complicated development means I've lost many other upgrade projects and potential clients.

I'm still waiting and hopeful that Telerik will pull off a miracle of some sorts and convince me to stay, but I'm actively evaluating other systems in my spare time.

I don't want them to fail or let me down but I'm not holding my breath either, I can't afford to.

Cheers,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Phill and Markus,

The glitch described below will be resolved in Q1. Phill, we applogize for the inconvenience this might have caused to your clients.

We are planning to invest time in improving the interface of Images section in Q2. A lot of your requests and comments onthis section will be taken into consideration.

We thank you for your continuing support and participation in the community!

Greetings,
Kalina
the Telerik team

This thread is closed