LinkButton click event inside ListView not firing

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:39

LinkButton click event inside ListView not firing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have a ListView control on a masterPage which is referenced on both CMS pages, and external pages.  Inside the ListView i have LinkButtons in my ItemTemplates which have CommandArguments set on ItemDataBound.

When I click the LinkButtons from an external page, the server side Click even fires perfectly and passes the CommandArgument correctly.  However, when the LinkButton is clicked from a page which is managed by SiteFinity, no event is fired server side.  The page appears to postback and reload, however the server side event isnt fired.  Other buttons on the same page outside the ListView fire as expected.

Im quickly discovering simple things within SiteFinity are becoming major road blocks to delivering my project so please provide any suggestion or direction as soon as possible.

Regards,
Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2011 00:00

Just to add, The ListView is in a WebControl.  Im also using the PreRender event to capture a postback from the calling page and prepare data to be printed out in the control

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi mattshepherd,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems building your project in Sitefinity. The problems you mention are due to an issue with  ViewState, which shall be fixed for Q1, so please, if possible wait for a couple of weeks and we'll provide you with a solution.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2011 00:00

Has there been any update on this bug?

We are having some problems with repeaters etc not firing the OnItemCommand event.

Additionally, DropDownList OnSelectedIndex change events are having problems firing also.

Is there a work around? It is quite a serious problem.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Haydn,

thank you for the patience. I am pleased to inform you that we have just released Sitefinity 4.1 which contains a fix to the ViewState issue we've been discussing int his thread.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2012 00:00

I'm experiencing somewhat similar problem. I have a linkbutton inside edit view and its not firing the server side event. The link button is actually inside a custom field control a Locations module. This custom field control has a save button, linkbutton, that will allow a user to create multiple hours of operation for a location. Each time I click on this save button the page fires a postback but not the server side event. Also another difference is that we're using Sitefinity 5.0. How can we get this to work?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi All,

I want to know that Is any body got any solution for this problem as I'm also facing same problem with event firing?

If any body have any solution for this problem please provide me the solution as soon as possible.

This thread is closed