Return Code 12031

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:18

Return Code 12031

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2011 00:00

I am recieving the error "Return Code 12031" anytime I attempt to publish a page. I am still working with the trial at this point. The site worked fine on my local development machine. The error started when I installed my local project to a windows 2003 server running IIS 6. The faster I can get this resolved the better since my client is about to purchase the licensed version today and I have to install this tomorrow morning on their servers. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2011 00:00

I get this error when I am trying to save a page with a description that is longer than 255 characters.

I wish that I could report the same, it appears to be any page that is saved regardless of what is on the page or in the description. I have, however, been able to connect another sitefinity project to the same database (on a different web server) without trouble. When doing the deployment, the developer had installed a later version of the telerik rad tools and vs updated those libraries. During the deplyment the libraries had to be "downgraded" to the version that ships with sitefinity in order to work. Perhaps this has some bearing on the issue.

Hello Wesley,

The description is set in the sf_page_data and the type of the column is nvarchar(255). You can try changing the type to nvarchar(MAX)

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This doesn't even come close to answering my inquiry. Description doesn't appear to matter as the field can be totally blank and I still get the error. I also get the error in just attempting to create a page with no attribute other than name equal to "Test".

Ivan,

Your answer did however get me thinking that this could just signify an error with one of the other queries. After performing a trace on the sql statements, I found that the application was attempting to insert a NULL into [sf_version_chnges].[culture]. After changing this field to accept NULL values, everything started working again. I assume that the value of this field is important somewhere, so this may just be an error in the application.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi ,

If you look at the context of the second post

"I get this error when I am trying to save a page with a description that is longer than 255 characters."

you will see that my answer was aimed to this issue.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

Ivan,
    Thanks for answering my post even though it was not really a question.  My post was only a feeble attempt at helping.  I hope that someone could still answer Wesley's original question. 

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2011 00:00

Also getting this error.  Any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Richard,

Please provide more information about your setup as well as the content you enter for the other fields. Supply screenshots if possible. You can log in your website and recreate the error - then attach the trace log ( or give us a link to it)  and send it to me so we can have a closer look at the service exceptions.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2012 00:00

I don't know if I am coming late to this party, but since there was not good answer given, I will pile on...
I just upgraded to 5.0 and deployed to Azure. Every time I try to publish a page I get "Returned code: 12031". It happens with old pages from the 4.4 deployment, which worked fine, and it happens with brand new pages created after the upgrade.
I must mention that I am also not able to upload images - the uploader gives me indication that everything went well, but no images ever get uploaded. I am not sure if both things are related.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2012 00:00

I am also unable to publish any pages and get a return code 12031, i will be raising a support ticket about it but in the mean time if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

I'm getting this attempting to edit the properties of documents.
Login admin->click 'content'->goto documents & files->click on zip file.
this is sitefinity 5.1.3270

To further the troubleshooting it appears to possibly be the database/library. I can create a new library and successfully upload zip files. I can not upload zip files to the existing library. There are 600+ files in there and they are about 1-2 megs a piece. Should I switch to filesystem instead? Are there limits I'm not aware of?

This thread is closed