Can't find Pages with search.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:46

Can't find Pages with search.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

I have an issue which i cant really explain. At the beginning of my project i tested shortly the search box and it showed the pages. But now after i developed alot of widgets and templates, the search can't find any pages. 

I can find however News and Content, but no Pages ... 

So i tried the Flag for static html in pages then an Exception popped up "HttpUnhandledException".

The sitefinity log doesn't say anything. 

I was using SP1  and then i updated to 4.0.1238.0 but the issue wasn't gone.

how can i check the index? 

best regards 

David

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2011 00:00

Is there a way to show more debug information?
Is there a way to actually see the index? 
Is there a way to programmatically create the index?

... i'd appreciate some help :) 

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Dave,

Do you have some custom code on your pages? There is some code in your template or on your pages which cases an error when the crawler indexes the pages. Generally this happens when you use SiteMap and PageManager.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

So after trying and trying and after some blog and forum hunting i found out that you can check if the request is an index request.

pPage.Items["IsInIndexMode"]

I added this check to each of my custom widget and layout controls. This solved the issue, but was a lot of work.

For the future:
- Please add more debug info (or atleast give the option to generate more log entries)

I don't think this is supposed to work like this? :-)

Regards

Dave

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Dave,

We have not made changes to the search index for Q1 release and the Search index will be extended for Q3. We will try to make some more elegant logging about such issues in one of the next service packs.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed