Login Control showing Authentication Provider dropdown

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:18

Login Control showing Authentication Provider dropdown

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

Anytime I attempt to change the properties on the Sitefinity Login control, I start to see the "Authentication Provider" drop down box show up on my page.

The only way to get it to go away, is for me to remove the control, save the page, reload the page and then add the Login control back to the page without touching any of the default options.

I have attached a screen shot showing what I'm talking about.

How do I keep this drop-down from showing up?

I'm using

Small Business Edition

Build 4.0.1210.0

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2011 00:00

I am having this same issue. In general I have found the login control to be rather buggy. I have modified the urls for both the reset and forgotten password but it is still directing me to the default pages and now the "Authentication Provider" drop down is showing up. 

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reporting this issue.The issue is logged in our system with ID=111654 and forwarded for fixing. I updated your Telerik points.

As a workaround i can suggest you to hide the "Authentication Provider" drop down . To do this:
1. Open the page where Sitefinity Login control is placed
2. Point widget toolbar >Scripts and Styles - select Java Script and drop it to page
3. Click Edit
4. Under Link to a Java Script file (.js) section - paste the following link ajax.googleapis.com/.../jquery.min.js to URL field
5. Click Save
6. Drop another Java Script widget
7. Under Write Java Script add the following code:

$(document).ready(function()
$("*[id$=ProvidersHolder]").hide();
);

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Just found this thread.  Not sure if this is the same as whats happening on mine, but I ge the dropdown on the actualy main login page, so I can't actually lot in to make any changes to fix it.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/login-problems.aspx

Also raised job:428035

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

Thanks Sonya, that was helpful, although this doesn't quite work in Sitefinity 5 (haven't tested with later version of 4.x).  It looks like the name of the select list may have changed between versions.  I also had the need to have one of the providers besides the built in default selected as the default.  Here is what worked for me for the script:

$(document).ready(function()
  $('select option[value="Default"]').attr('selected', '');
  $('select option[value="LdapUsers"]').attr('selected', 'selected');
 $("*[id$=ProvidersPanel]").hide();
);

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2012 00:00

Duplicate got posted...please delete this.

This thread is closed