SP 1 NewsView LayoutTemplatePath not loading template

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:55

SP 1 NewsView LayoutTemplatePath not loading template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2011 00:00

I should preface this with all my NewsViews were loading the correct templates prior to my update to SP 1.

For some odd reason when I upgraded to SP 1 all of my NewsViews went to their default template. I am assigning the template for my list view via: Edit > Advanced > ControlDefinition > Views > NewsFrontEndList > TemplatePath.

There is no TemplateKey or TemplateName assigned in the form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, there does not seem to be any errors in the logs; it just seems as though it's not even trying to load any template. This seems to be the case with the blog control as well.

Unfortunately I wanted to migrate everything over to Design > Widget Templates; but I am unable to bind to the Container object within lists using this method which I must do in order to use a different template for the first item in the list (the template is too different for me to use just CSS to accomplish this).

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

I must say I'm a little disappointed with the lack of response on this topic, I've re-submitted as a support ticket, it's been over 48 hours and I still have not received any response on this topic. Not even a "We're looking into this."

I'm not quite sure what I'm paying for with the price hike for Sitefinity 4, but support is certainly not it; it seems more like the extra cost is in new bugs and missing functionality from Sitefinity 3.7.

Consider me an unhappy customer.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Michael Diolosa,

We are sorry for the late response. This is a bug in the SP1 and we will fix for the upcoming Q1 Release.
Unfortunately, the workaround, which we can provide you is not good enough, but it should do the trick. If you are not pressed by the time, you can wait for the new release.

Here is the workaround:
Update with SQL script sf_presentation_data and change app_name of the records for the templates you use  external templates. For example you can disable all database templates for news with the following scripts.:

UPDATE [SF_1210].[dbo].[sf_presentation_data]
SET app_name = '[DISABLED]'
WHERE area_name = 'News'
Just don't forget to revert this changes after upgrading to the next release.

Your telerik points have been updated for reporting this issue.

Best wishes,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Thank you for getting back to me, I'm sorry for writing such an arsey email but unfortunately I AM pressed for time. I will do this, I'm hoping this does fix the problem. I will write back with any information I may have on how well this solution works. I don't mind disabling the internal templates as I'm not using any of them, all templates built we are custom coding so this shouldn't have any problems with the project.

Thank you again, this has definitely fixed the issue. I have marked down a note to replace the app_name back to the previous settings when the Q1 Release is launched.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2011 00:00

You have got to be kidding me.  Was this "bug" noted in the release notes? Doubt it.   Now all my custom templates are broken from anything from search results, to download list, pretty much anything with a LayoutTemplatePath  set to my custom ascx templates does not work. 

This thread is closed