Culture Error while trying to migrate from 3.7 to 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:35

Culture Error while trying to migrate from 3.7 to 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi

We are getting the following error when using the migration tool to convert News:
Error migrating news:
Unsupported language "en-US". If you want to support this language, please configure your application accordingly.
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.DataExtensions.ThrowUnsupportedLanguage(CultureInfo culture)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Descriptors.LstringPropertyDescriptor.SetString(Object component, String value, CultureInfo culture)
   at Migration.Classes.MigrationNews.ImportNews(MigrationGenericContent newsContent)
   at Migration.MigrationModule.ImportNews()

We have added 'en-US' to localization in project that we are migrating from:

<

localization defaultProvider="Sitefinity" persistenceMode="None" defaultCulture="en" cultures="en-US, en" allowSpecificCultures="True">

In the install method in the migration module we added the following to the solution that we are importing to:

var

cult = System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture;

In web.config file we change globalization from auto to 'en-US' in the project that we are importing to:

<

globalization uiCulture="en-US" culture="en-US" resourceProviderFactoryType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.ExtendedResourceProviderFactory, Telerik.Sitefinity"/>

We are still getting the same error.

Thank you

JP

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Janaka ,

The current version of the migration tool does not export items with specific culture. The problem is that we will have specific cultures in Sitefinity 4.0 with the Q1 release that is scheduled in the middle of April. The migration tool was written to support only neutral cultures. After the Q1 we have to extend the tool, but this will take some time.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello-

Is there any update on this?  I too ran into this issue while trying to import a SF 3.7 site into 4.1.  I have a large 3.7 site that has a large amount of content to import/export and I'd hate to have to-do it manually....

If this hasn't been addressed is there an ETA?  If I have to I'll start writing custom XML Export/Import tasks using the API's myself but don't want to recreate this if it will be fixed soon.

Thanks,

-Thomas

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Thomas,

The specific cultures are not handled by the migration. We will try to implement this for Q2 release.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

We are having the same issue migrating a 3.7 SP4 site. On all the pages we get the en_us error "Unsupported language "en-US"". Is there any way to convert the 3.7 pages to be allowed to be imported? Our clients site has over 700 pages, are we stuck in version 3.7 until this patch.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

You can try setting the language from en_US to just en in your 3.7 web.config. We plan to release a fix for the migration tool that will handle specific cultures in the beginning of the next week.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Has the fix for this been released? Where should I go to check for latest release information. The codeplex site shows "The Sitefinity Migration Tool is no longer hosted on CodePlex, but is available as a free product on Sitefinity.com.
There are also Forum Threads which allow you to discuss your ideas and problems.
"

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello,

Here is  a link to the forum where we moved the migration tool. With the latest change set we added support for specific cultures.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed