Lolac installation problem

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:07

Lolac installation problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2011 00:00

When I try to copy the project to www/inetpub folder on Windows 7 with IIS 7.5 I get the following error:

Error Summary

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information
Module IIS Web Core
Notification BeginRequest
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x80070021
Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".
Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ghggroup\web.config
Requested URL localhost:80/Default.aspx
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ghggroup\Default.aspx
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined
Config Source
  189:     </modules>
  190:     <handlers>
  191:       <remove name="WebDAV" />

I tried setting it up as a web application and a website. Checked for permissions on the folders and it looks good.

Could you let me know what the possible cause for this problem is?

Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi and25g,

Have you tied to follow the suggestion that is shown in Config Error? It looks like that you are not allowed to make some changes to the webdav handler, since there is a parent config that  is overriding your changes.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2011 00:00

This is what is strange. There is no parent config. And this is the only active website.

Sitefinity installation works on the same machine. But when I copy the project forlder to inetpub/wwwroot I get this error with IIS.

I was able to create Sitefinity website on our webserver (win server 2008) without any issues using the same approach. My local box is a windows 7 machine. I think this is the only difference.

Thank you for you help

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi and25g,

The issue looks like related to the infrastructure. There is some setting which does not allow you to remove/disable the WebDav from the web.config of the project. What you can try is disabling the WebDav from Windows Features and directly from the IIS sever for the Sitefinity application.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

WebDAV was not even enabled in Windows Features. I added it and tried desabling from both IIS and Windows Features.

It still gives me the same error.

I tried many other things as well. But nothing seems to work. Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi and25g,

This is what the error says

"This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level."

and this happens when Sitefinity's web.config tries to disable the module. I do not see what else could be the problem then some restriction form the IIS that does not allow this change by child applications.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

I had the same problem and it was all because I hadn't authorised  ASP.NET in the windows features in control panel -> "Turn Windows Features on and off".

Try this first!

OC

This thread is closed