Still losing page widgets after template changes

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:29

Still losing page widgets after template changes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,
I've had a support ticket in for two days without a response so I guess I'll try asking here.

I've upgraded a site to 4.0 SP1 and still minor modifications to templates break widgets on child pages, either re-ordering them or removing them from view all together.
How do I resolve this?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Geoff,

I've replied to you in the support ticket that you've opened, you can check my advice there. For your convenience I'm pasting below my reply:

"Concerning widgets and/or content disappearing from pages when modifying the template, here's what I've done: I created a template, based on SPSweb.Master. Then I created a page and used this template for it. I've placed several Content blocks, and one Images widget onto it and published it. Then I went and modified the template by adding an image gallery to it. I returned back to the page and the content and ordering was OK. So just to make sure, I added another Navigation widget onto the page, set some CSS to it (Vista), published, and then went back and applied a different theme to the template. The content and ordering on the page using this template was still fine. Please inform me if the steps you take for reproducing this problem differ from what I've described, so that I can inspect this issue further."

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed