Unable to Update Control Porperties

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:42

Unable to Update Control Porperties

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2011 00:00

I have a navigation control on a template page. I'd like it to use the efault theme, however it's decided to place a "#navigation" tag in Edit >> Design Settings >> Wrapper CSS Class

If I delete the tage from the field, the navigation displays correctly until I save the page, at which point it reverts to the "#navigation" tag in that same field.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Geoff,

I addressed this issue in the support ticket you have opened, and you can check my reply there. For your convenience, I'm also posting it here:

"I've inspected your project looking for the issues you mentioned, but I was not able to replicate them. Setting different CSS for the navigation works both for widget dropped directly onto a page and widget placed in a template scenarios. I've set your navigation to display Black CSS in the template of SPSweb.Master just to demonstrate that this functionality is working. Please examine your project and notify me if there's anything else bothering you about this control."

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

@Geoff and @Boyan, I have come across this issue with 4.1 as well. I can set a value for Wrapper CSS and I can change it to a different value or even to a space. But if I want to remove it completely, so delete the current value, and then save the page it will revert back to the previous value. Once it has been set the Navigation Widget won't commit an empty value to the database.

If you need a screen cast to prove this is a bug let me know and I'll create one but it should be quite easy to reproduce.

Regards,
Phill

This thread is closed