Failed to create a 'Settings' from the text 'Ass

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:57

Failed to create a 'Settings' from the text 'Assembly references and imported namespaces serialized as XML namespaces'.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2011 00:00

We got this error message in a popup window when accessing some back-end pages, such as Amdin -> Pages.
Now we cannot do modifications on our page contents.

Does anyone found similar errors before?

Please help.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Devin,

Can you give me more details about your project - is it new or upgraded? Have you done any customizations (controls, widgets) ? Also can you use Firebug and check what error is coming up? Can you tell me what actions have you taken prior to the error? Have you tried to reproduce it in a blank new project ( if your current one has been modified ).

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi,

For those who've searched for this error and need a solution (as I did):

I was also receiving the same error in the same circumstances. The actual error was

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2012.3.1012.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

This was Sitefinity 5.1.3450.0 and Telerik.OpenaAccess 2012.2.628.2. I didn't have time to figure out why this was happening, I just added an Assembly Binding to web.config to resolve this:

<runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.OpenAccess" publicKeyToken="7ce17eeaf1d59342" culture="neutral"/>
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="2012.3.1012.1" newVersion="2012.2.628.2"/>
      </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
  </runtime>

Regards
Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2013 00:00

Just to let you know, i got this error when i configured log4net in my Sitefinity project but i forgot to include the log4net.dll in my project bin. After copying the file the problem was gone. 

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2013 00:00

A .dll problem here too.
I did not know that until took a look in error.log file (App_Data\Sitefinity\Logs\Error.log) where i found 
Inner Exception
---------------
Type : System.IO.FileNotFoundException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Could not load file or assembly 'vjscor, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

After including   <runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <probing privatePath="bin;bin\HttpModules;bin\Providers;bin\Modules;bin\Support;"/>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="vjscor" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.0.5000.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0"/>
      </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
  </runtime>

in web.config, everything is fine now.

This thread is closed