Publish & Delete Error with Sitefinity 4.0 SP1

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:09

Publish & Delete Error with Sitefinity 4.0 SP1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi All,

We are having an issue with publishing and deleting pages. I've checked the forums and unfortunately none of the listed resolutions seemed to help. We're currently using Sitefinity 4.0 SP1.

When deleting:

The javascript error msg box with: "Workflow rules do not allow to delete [page name]".

We do not have workflow rules enabled.

When publishing:

The javascript error msg box with: "Return Code: 0".

Looking at firebug, it seems that "MenuMoreActions.css" and "Window.css" return a status code of 500 Internal Server Error. Checking the servers event viewer each ".css" file generates the following:

CultureNotFoundException 
   Culture is not supported. Parameter name: name Window.css is an invalid culture identifier. at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(String name, Boolean useUserOverride) at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) at System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) at System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) at System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)  
   qa.appalachiantrail.org/.../Window.css 
   /philtest/Action/Styles/Window.css 

(Guessing routing issue?)

FYI: Sitefinity error log does not show any issues either.

Any assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil D.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Deren,

Do you have any other languages installed ( other than the default language ) ? If yes, is this error happening when you edit a page only in another language?

When you try to publish the page, do you get the error when trying to 'Save as Draft' ?  Can you give some more information. Did you upgrade your project from some previous version? Which "Publish" option are you using - publish the page from Page Edit, or publish the page from Actions /More actions menu in the grid? Can you attach some video or screen shots, or maybe provide access to your project. 

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Hi Victor,

Some more background, I upgraded my local development version from SiteFinity 4 to 4 SP1. The project itself is a new project created from the updated SiteFinity Project Manager - 4.0.1210.0 .  Locally the site works fine, and publishing (this includes trying to save drafts) or deleting is not an issue. 

When I created the new site in our qa environment we were initially receiving the workflow error described in this post

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/failed-workflow-operation.aspx#1450519

I implemented this fix, but unfortunately it did not work and the error message changed to "Return Code : 0". (We also purchased the standard license and uploaded it to the qa site.

To answer your questions, no we do not have any other languages installed other then the default english. This error occurs when selecting 'Save as Draft' as well.

From the trace file it looks like we're receiving several errors... a bad HTTP response when invoking the SendMessage function ... reply to operation exception with message "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: value"

I've created a support ticket as well where I've uploaded our trace file.

Thanks again for all your help.

-pd

Fixed it. Sorry all, I forgot to mention that I also implemented:

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/failed-workflow-operation.aspx#1516657

Doing so resulted in my "Return Code: 0" message... Long story short I started to test this setting and noticed that the error codes changed when publishing etc. What eventually worked for me was that instead of using the base url as suggested, including the www's, adding this host header to IIS, and reconfiguring the servers host file to point to the internal IP did the trick.  (FYI: I had added the same configuration to IIS and host file with the base url as well but it still generated a publish & draft & delete error) Odd, anyway hope this helps someone else spent way too much time on this.

This thread is closed