Type converter initialization failed. The converter with nam

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:16

Type converter initialization failed. The converter with name 'DecimalConverter' does not convert from CLR type 'System.String' to SQL type 'NUMERIC'.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello!

I was trying to add a new field in images module the field was of numeric and i selected numeric for SQL type. When I created the save and save it I got the following error.

Now I LOST every thing beckend and frontend as well my whole application is destroyed. I want to to resolve this issue ASAP.

Please do it soon....!

Server Error in '/' Application.

Type converter initialization failed. The converter with name 'DecimalConverter' does not convert from CLR type 'System.String' to SQL type 'NUMERIC'.
Parameter name: converterName
Actual value was OpenAccessRuntime.Data.DecimalConverter, Telerik.OpenAccess.Runtime, Version=2010.3.1125.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Type converter initialization failed. The converter with name 'DecimalConverter' does not convert from CLR type 'System.String' to SQL type 'NUMERIC'.
Actual value was OpenAccessRuntime.Data.DecimalConverter, Telerik.OpenAccess.Runtime, Version=2010.3.1125.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Type converter initialization failed. The converter with name 'DecimalConverter' does not convert from CLR type 'System.String' to SQL type 'NUMERIC'.
Actual value was OpenAccessRuntime.Data.DecimalConverter, Telerik.OpenAccess.Runtime, Version=2010.3.1125.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342.]
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.metadata.RelationalMappingResolver.CreateConverter(TypeConverterName converterName, RelationalColumn col, String originalType, Boolean secondary) +598
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.metadata.RelationalColumn..ctor(RelationalJavaTypeMapping m, RelationalTypeRegistry relationalTypeRegistry, String oType, Boolean secondary) +168
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalMetaDataBuilder.createColumn(DataObjectsExtension[] nested, String fieldName, Class javaType, String oType, Boolean secondaryTable) +86
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalMetaDataBuilder.createJdbcSimpleField(FieldMetaData fmd) +173
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalMetaDataBuilder.createJdbcField(FieldMetaData fmd, Boolean quietParam) +69

[MetadataException: The metadata for field 'Sort' of class 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image' cannot be initialized: Type converter initialization failed. The converter with name 'DecimalConverter' does not convert from CLR type 'System.String' to SQL type 'NUMERIC'.
Actual value was OpenAccessRuntime.Data.DecimalConverter, Telerik.OpenAccess.Runtime, Version=2010.3.1125.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342.]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_4bdc8fecee904ac4b3de664309dea66b.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +195
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +1478
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +63
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +161
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +131
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager..ctor() +32
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager..cctor() +35

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager' threw an exception.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.GetManager(String providerName) +0
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection attributes) +593
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.GetSiteMapProvider(String rootName) +368
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +67
   System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +285
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +60
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi waqar,

Does it get back to normal if you remove the field? I am not sure the exception stack can get us to propose a solution, therefore, can you open a support ticket and send this in a sample isolated project? Then we'll able to reproduce it and give you back proper guidelines.

Greetings,
George
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello!
Its good to have a reply after a long time, long enough that I managed to resolve the issue.
How it could be possible to hang on at one stage when you are unable to access back and front end of the sitefinity after all you have to answer your clients.

I just search out the field, I added, from the entire database and figure out the table and delete it from there. After compiling It was ok.
Now I have already told you have it was started. Now you may try to replicate it but I dnt want to do it again.

Thanks!

This thread is closed