Content Feeds: RSS mapping to Blog Posts

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:10

Content Feeds: RSS mapping to Blog Posts

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

I'm trying to create a Content Feed from an RSS Feed to publish as collection of Blog Posts.  Currently I have "Content to include" pointing to my RSS feed (a locally hosted .ashx service).  I've then set a "Publish as.." to point to my Blog.

Using the default mapping I an able to correctly map map the "RSS Item Title" to the "Feed Object Title" then save this as the "Blog Post Title" on my new post.  So everything is great there.

However for Blog Post Content (body) I can't get anything in my RSS xml to map to the "RSS Item Summary" 

Also, if I map content(RSS) to content(Feed Obj) to content(Blog Obj) I get the value in my RSS feed from "<description>" which makes no sense to me.

i've tried:
<Source></Source>
<source></source>
<summary></summary>
<Summary></Summary>
<content></content>
</Content></Content>

Does anyone know how Sitefinity is trying to parse this RSS feed??

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi James,

Sitefinity does not use directly the XML element names but the names of the properties of the SyndicationItem type. So Summary in the mappings refers to the property of the type. In RSS the Summary property of a SyndicationItem is rendered in the "description" element. In Atom protocol the Summary property is rendered in the "summary" element. Inside the publishing system of Sitefinity if no Content of the syndication item is provided than the value of the Summary property is used for content.
As a solution we suggest using the Atom protocol in your feed. Please let us know if that solution will work for you.

All the best,
Ivan Pelovski
the Telerik team

This thread is closed