The production database won't allow me to edit and its e

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:55

The production database won't allow me to edit and its extremely slow

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

I have a development environment and a production environment. Now, the development environment works but the production environment does not load.
When I point the production environment to the development database it works fine, but I lose all the content already published.
Please help, I don't know how this can happen but last thing I did before this was edit content on a shared page. Now it doesn't work. It won't let me edit because it will just hang there.

I also tried pointing my development environtment to the production Database and it also was hanging when trying to edit. What could the problem be? I have no way of pointing out the problem.

I'm using 4 SP1.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Kenneth,

The reason for this error to happen could be, if the database connected to your website (the one listed in the data configuration file) does not match the database with which the website was created locally.

Did you make sure that the database you have connected your live website /production site/ matches the database you have used locally? Also can you try to use the codebase from your development environment to connect to your databases / each one of them /.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed