Nolics exception

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:16

Nolics exception

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2011 00:00

I recently set up Sitefinity, and when I try to log in, I get an exception.  Searching for this error has not returned any useful results.  Below are the details, please let me know what other information I can provide you with.

Thank you,
Zach

There is no data provider for class Telerik.Personalization.Data.PersonalizationValue. Did you forget to connect?

Exception Details:
Nolics.ORMapper.Base.NolnetException: There is no data provider for class Telerik.Personalization.Data.PersonalizationValue. Did you forget to connect?

Stack Trace:

[NolnetException: There is no data provider for class Telerik.Personalization.Data.PersonalizationValue. Did you forget to connect?]
   Nolics.ORMapper.Base.QueryBase`1.GetProvider() +285
   Nolics.ORMapper.Base.QueryBase`1.LoadQuery(Int32 maxElements, Int32 fromElement) +489
   Telerik.Personalization.Data.NolicsProvider.GetRow(String userName, String keyName, String moduleName) +150
   Telerik.Personalization.Data.NolicsProvider.Get(String userName, String keyName, String moduleName, T defaultValue) +56
   Telerik.Personalization.Data.NolicsProvider.GetGlobalValue(String keyName) +99
   Sitefinity_Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Cobalt\Portal\CAMSDEMO\Sitefinity\Default.aspx.cs:21
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Zach,

This is the forum for Sitefinity 4.0 and we do not use Nolics in this edition. I believe that you are running Sitefintiy 3.7.

Have you changed the web.config and the Nolics provider under <security> node?

<security defaultProvider="DefaultSecurityProvider" cmsProvidersName="Sitefinity">
    <roles>
        <clear/>
        <add name="Administrators" permission="Unrestricted"/>

</roles>
    <providers>
        <clear/>
        <add name="DefaultSecurityProvider" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" type="Telerik.Security.Data.DefaultSecurityProvider, Telerik.Security.Data" membershipProvider="Sitefinity" roleProvider="Sitefinity"/>
    </providers>
</security>

This provider should not be changed.

Also have you changed the default membership and role providers?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Ivan,

Yes, I did post in the wrong forum, we are running 3.7.  We are upgrading to 4.0, and I am no longer trying to resolve this issue, but thank you for your response.

Zach

PS. We are using custom membership and role providers, and I did change the highlighted tag accordingly.  Also we are using the .Net 4 framework, and as I understand it now you need to have a more recent version of Sitefinity 3.7 to work in that situation, which could be the source of our issues.

Hi Zach,

Ok, switch back the providers to the default one and there should not be a problem. The you can use the migration tool to upgrade the website. Form Q1 (Sitefinity 4.1) release you will be able to add your ASP.NET membership and role providers.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed