Images not resolved with IIS 7.5

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:37

Images not resolved with IIS 7.5

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2011 00:00

I'm not sure whether any Telerik member did read my original post in already answered thread therefore I've started this new one here.
Your kind help is much appreciated, thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Peter Dzugas,

Please note that if a project is running fine on your local machine, the most likely reason for the described issues after deployment is in the settings of your hosting environmentt. Can you, please make sure you are following all the steps described in our Installation and Administration guide and our Deployment guide, and you have set ASP.NET trust level to  "Full". Any additional information related to this problem occurring is much appreciated (e.g. can you please check the application event log, as prompted in the error you have attached in your other post). If the problems persist, please provide me with a record of the web service exceptions when this problem reproduces, so that I can examine this further.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Thanks for your reply.

I've finally resolved my problem with missing images by simply changing the associated application pool's property Managed pipeline mode from Integrated (which is selected as default for newly created application pools) to Classic.
After having done that I was even able to remove *.svc and *.xamlx handlers from web.config altogether because those handlers are inherited in IIS 7.5 by default I think, they are named "svc-ISAPI-4.0_64bit" and "xamlx-ISAPI-4.0_64bit" respectively.
I would suggest that you include this info also in your aforementioned Sitefinity Installation and Administration Guide.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Peter Dzugas,

I'm glad to hear that the issue you were facing is now resolved. We haven't experienced any problems with the pipeline mode set to Integrated or Classic  - Siteifnity should work with both. Maybe there's some difference in the machine key configurations between Integrated and Classic modes for your pipelines, you might want to verify that.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed