documents not sorting

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:25

documents not sorting

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2011 00:00

I might be missing something here, so I will either need clarification, or this is a bug. In the documents and files admin, I go to a specific library, and sort the documents by name. I then go to the pages admin and add a document list widget to a page. I edit that list, choosing the library that I just sorted and sorting it by the order in the library. In the settings for that document list, it is set to be a list that is paginated per 15 documents. I publish the page, and the sorting isn't changed on the front-end when I hard refresh the page. Instead, it is still ordered by the order that I have uploaded them.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Eric,

I hope this behavior is not causing serious problems. We are aware of this issue and have fixed it. The fix will be included with our Sitefinity 4.1 release.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

When will the 4.1 release be ready? I believe we have an upgrade to 4.1 available since we just purchased this installation a week or two ago.

Hello Eric,

Sitefinity 4.1 has been officially released yesterday afternoon (GMT +2), and is available for download on your Sitefinity account. Please always create a backup version of your projects before upgrading, and you might also want to take a look at this blog post.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Is there any way that I can get a patch or something to fix this issue, as this client is remaining on 4.0 SP1?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Eric,

Please accept my sincere apology for misleading you. It appears that the issue is still present in Sitefinity 4.1 release and I have logged it with high priority for fixing. It is also available in PITS on this public URL where you can track its progress. I have updated your Telerik Points accordingly.
Can you please inform me about the specific functionality you want to achieve, so that maybe I can try and come up with a workaround while we are working on fixing this bug?

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Eric may not need a workaround, but I do. I am simply trying to sort the Download List by the document title.

I see where the "Sort documents and files" drop-down on the Download List simple properties window includes an "As set in Advanced mode", but I none of the properties in advanced mode jump out at me as being the "sort" property.

Please help!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Julia Essex,

In the subsequent releases (Sitefinity 4.1 and on) we have introduced a setting that allows you to specify custom sorting expression in the Advanced settings of the Download List widget. Please take a look at the attached screenshots.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2011 00:00

Telerik,

Any chance of adding custom sort expressions to all content types?  Specifically, I'm looking to sort blogs and news by a custom date field.  We're back-porting some old news and blogs and would like to sort them by the original date, not the new publication date.  We're on Sitefinity 4.2.1650.0.

Thank you.

Mark

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Mark,

Can you please specify whether you want this sorting by custom field applied - on the frontend content view widgets or in the backend grid  with items? This can be easily achieved, as sorting should be supported by your custom fields as well. Please take a look at the attached short video demonstrating modifying the SortExpression to achieve sorting by custom field. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Telerik,

What I am trying to implement is a front end method that will allow users to sort content items, in this case a "review" that will have a 1 to 5 stars rating.  Reviews will either be a blog or news item.  The goal is that the person viewing the page will be able to sort items by rating; either ascending or descending. Ideally, they would also be able to filter (i.e. see only 5 star reviews).  Do you have any guidance on how to implement this functionality?  If not, is this feature on your roadmap for a future release?

Thank you.

Mark

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the clarification. Sorting by any field, be it one that's default for the provider, or a custom field is no problem - we offer this functionality out of the box, like I demonstrated in the video from my previous response. However, there is no rating system implemented out of the box. The rating can be done with a control like RadRating.

You have to implement custom control that will have a client part and ListView (or another control) with Documents or other, that will wrap rad rating control in the Item Template.

The average rating result need to be calculated at wrapper rating control like:

var averageRating = ratedItem.VotesSum / (ratedItem.VotesCount != 0 ? ratedItem.VotesCount : 1);
//load the value
this.RatingControl.Value = (double)averageRating;

On the client  you need to implement a method that will invoke service to update VotesCount and VotesSum into the database (these could be custom fields of the Documents). I hope this information helps you achieve the desired functionality. If there's anything else you'd like to know, or some additional questions that you might have, please let me know.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed