Cannot upload images

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:04

Cannot upload images

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2011 00:00

After creating an album, I am attempting to upload an image. When I go to the image upload page by clicking the "Upload Image" button or the album itself, I recieve a blank page.

Any help is appreciated,
Wes

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Wesley,

Can you, please, provide some more detailed information about your project and the specific steps you have taken before this problem occurred? Is this a new or an upgraded project? Also, can you please tell me the build version of Sitefinity you are using, and if this issue reproduces in all of your albums or just one? Another thing that might be helpful is to tell me if you're running the project from IIS or through VS/Sitefinity project manager. Please take a look at our Installation and Administration guide and make sure you have followed all the required steps for setting up your project. If the problems persist, do not hesitate to write back.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Sure,

We are currently using 4.0.1098.0 running on IIS

We started with the trial version of Sitefinity on a development machine and have since upraded to the standard license version. It is hard to pinpoint exactly when this started, but it did at one point work on the production environment. The issue occurs on all image galleries (including new ones we have created since encountering the problem). All other parts of the product seem fine and the project works correctly on the development environment.

I would suspect that the issue is database related since that is really the only difference between the two projects. We have a team getting site content entered while .Net developers prepare various user controls required to get the site functional. After running a trace in SQL profiler, I was unable to pinpoint where it might be faiing. If you need the database or any of the other components I can send those to you.

Wes

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Wesley,

Does the project work fine with the built-in web server that comes with the Project Manager? If so, then maybe there is some problem related to your infrastructure. Do you mind changing the associated application pool's property Managed pipeline mode from Integrated (which is selected as default for newly created application pools) to Classic? Generally there should be no problem running in both modes, but there might be some different settings in the machine key configuration, that's why I'm recommending this. if it doesn't help, can you, please provide me with login credentials to your site, so that I can inspect the described behavior. Also, you might open a bug report and explain the issue there, as well as attach a copy of your project with database.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

It took me awhile to get back to this issue, but I guess I failed to tell you the version of IIS (which is 6 by the way). I submitted a support ticket (id 420913) that has login information. If you can contact me by email or tell me where to upload my project/database I will happily get that going for you. Thanks for you help, it is greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Hi Wesley,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'll be glad to help you resolve this issue. In my opinion it is not related to your project but to the infrastructure settings. I am receiving an error related to instantiating Silverlight (please note we are using Silverlight for our Images upload) Please check the attached screenshot to get more information about the error I'm mentioning. Can you verify if you have set IIS to run Silverlight as per the instructions here?

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2011 00:00

This issue is now resolved by adding the silverlight items to the mime types list.

This thread is closed