Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI gone in 4.1

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:51

Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI gone in 4.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

My master page has a Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SearchBox control and it no longer works.

What's the alternative now?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello thelyrist,

Can you provide some more description about this issue "Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SearchBox control and it no longer works"

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

I built my template to include a custom Search Box as the client didn't like the default look and feel.  I found the code in the forum but I can't seem to locate it anymore.

I have the following defined in my template.

<sitefinity:SearchBox id="searchBox" runat="server" UseSearchButton="true" ClientIDMode="Predictable" LayoutTemplatePath="~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/clientSite/WidgetTemplates/SearchBox/search-box.ascx"></sitefinity:SearchBox>

It was working just fine in 4.0 but it stopped working since I upgraded to 4.1. 

Error 3 The type or namespace name 'SearchBox' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\wwwroot\clientSite\www\App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\ClientSite\App_Master\ClientSite.Master.designer.cs 67 53 SitefinityWebApp

The code of the ACSX:
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="search-box.ascx.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.search_box" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sitefinity" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" %>
<script>
  function goSearch()
    var searchBox = document.getElementById("searchBox_ctl00_ctl00_searchBox");
    if (searchBox != null)
      if (searchBox.value == '')
        alert('Please enter your search term.');

else
        window.location = '/search?indexCatalogue=site%2Dsearch&&wordsMode=0&searchQuery=' + searchBox.value;

</script>
<div id="applesearch">
  <div class="floatLeft">
    <span class="sbox_l"></span>
    <span class="sbox"><asp:TextBox ID="searchBox" runat="server" CssClass="sfsearchTxt" /></span>
    <span class="sbox_r" id="srch_clear"></span>
 </div>
 <div class="floatRight">
  <asp:ImageButton ImageUrl="~/images/search-button.png" runat="server" OnClientClick="goSearch();return false;" />
  <asp:LinkButton id="searchButton" runat="server" Text="Search" OnClientClick="return false;" CssClass="sfsearchSubmit" Enabled="false" Visible="false"></asp:LinkButton>
 </div>
 <div style="clear"> </div>
</div>

I had to do the hack above because the client wanted an image as the search button, and the searchbox templete uses a linkbutton.

There are quite a few bugs that 4.1 sp2 might have fixed, but it am stuck with 4.0 as I can't get the code to compile in 4.1 as Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI no longer has the class "SearchBox".  Is it renamed or removed?

Due to a past deadline and some other bugs in the original 4.1 release, I decided not to upgrade.  Please kindly offer any suggestions / workaround as needed.  Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Thelyrist,

Can you please try using the following namespace: Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public and let us know if any problems persist?

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed