IE 9 Widget Icon Behavior

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:03

IE 9 Widget Icon Behavior

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

I'm having an issue in IE 9 with dragging widgets from the toolbox.  If I click on a widget icon, the draggable duplicate will appear under the widget icon and continue copying if you keep clicking on the widget icon.  The copies then become draggable, but the rest will get deleted from the list if you select one of the copied draggables before the last copied icon.  I'm guessing this is a javascript issue with the new chakra engine.  It seems like there's supposed to be an attachment to the cursor after the widget icon copy is created, but instead, it's getting appended to the widget icon list in the toolbox.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Ryan,

I tried to reproduce the behavior you are describing but everything was working as expected. Can you please check the sample video I've attached and inform me if you are taking different steps for reproducing this issue, and if possible attach a sample video/screenshot showing how it reproduces.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Are you using the 4.1.1339.0 build in the Jing video?  My application is running on the 4.0.1210.0 build.  The issue affects both custom and default widgets.  I'm curious about this issue existing in earlier builds that precede the official IE 9 release because it could be a case of needing to update to a newer release of SF. 

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hello Ryan,

Yes, the video has been recorder with our latest official release - Sitefinity 4.1  build version 4.1 1339, thanks for clarifying how to properly reproduce the mentioned behavior. I have just tested the same functionality with build version 1210 (SP1) and the only scenario where this behavior reproduces is if you explicitly specify  Document Mode : IE9 standards (the page default is IE8 standards). However this issue has been fixed with 4.1, as you saw on the provided video. Like you have properly observed SP1 was released almost two weeks before the official release of IE9, which might have caused the omission of this issue, which was fixed later. Thank you for the detailed feedback and patience while exploring this issue.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed