Migration Tool - Pages not migrating

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:45

Migration Tool - Pages not migrating

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello,
  When trying to use the migration tool to move from 3.7sp4 to 4.0sp1 I'm not able to export the pages.

It correctly copied over:
Users (mostly, left out a few, no biggie)
Themes
Templates
Libraries

It did not export correctly
News (Only migrated body content, left off Title, categories, etc)
Pages (Migrated nothing)

For News, I wrote my own Export control in 3.7sp and that works ok.

But for pages, I'm stumped - in the migration .htm file

Error migrating page About Ombudsman:

No active transaction.
at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_4cec494ea95649cebce73d4794a12e47.CreatePageData(Guid id) at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.CreatePageData(Guid id) at Migration.Classes.MigrationPages.ImportPage(MigrationPageGroup pageGroupContent) in C:\Development\Work\Sitefinity\SitefinityMigrationTool\Sitefinity4.0\Classes\MigrationPages.cs:line 157 at Migration.MigrationModule.ImportPages() in C:\Development\Work\Sitefinity\SitefinityMigrationTool\Sitefinity4.0\MigrationModule.cs:line 1052

Error migrating page Leadership Team:
You are trying to access item that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user.
at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_4cec494ea95649cebce73d4794a12e47.GetPageNode(Guid id) at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.GetPageNode(Guid id) at Migration.Classes.MigrationPages.ImportPage(MigrationPageGroup pageGroupContent) in C:\Development\Work\Sitefinity\SitefinityMigrationTool\Sitefinity4.0\Classes\MigrationPages.cs:line 102 at Migration.MigrationModule.ImportPages() in C:\Development\Work\Sitefinity\SitefinityMigrationTool\Sitefinity4.0\MigrationModule.cs:line 1052

Other pages either have the No active transaction or No longer exists error.

They do exist, you can see them on the live site.
Additionally, I started to create my own inport/export control and it uses the PageManager to build a list of pages and their properties (not content however) - so I can access the pages using PageManager on the 3.7 site.

Thanks,
Brandon

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Brandon,

I'm aware of these issues, they happened sometimes ago, but I wasn't able to track them down. Currently I'm working on an updated version of the migration tool that will support SF 4.1 where these problems will be resolved. I hope to upload the new version by the end of Friday next week.

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

One thing I noticed on pages - the size of the Keywords and Summary/Description fields have changed.  If possible, extend the size of those fields to the old size - the current (255 / 500) truncates my pages.

Additionally, I've noticed if the pages are in Page Groups they seem to have more problems.  I've converted 10 sites and of those only 2 had pages convert over, maybe half had the templates convert, the rest I was going to do by hand.  I will wait on that and I look forward to your new migration tools release.

Thanks,
Brandon

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Brandon,

I fixed an issue with the group pages - I'm not sure when it happens but at some point OpenAccess throws some arcane exception about a missing GUID. You can paste the following code in MigrationPages.cs after this conditional check:

if (pageContent.PageType == "Group")

if (isMultiLanguage)
    MigrationLogger.AppendLogMessage(String.Format("Importing group page \"<b>0</b>\", language <b>1</b>.", name, cultureInfo.TwoLetterISOLanguageName.ToUpperInvariant()));
else
    MigrationLogger.AppendLogMessage(String.Format("Importing group page \"<b>0</b>\".", name));
MigrationLogger.AppendNewLine();

if (!isFirstLanguage)
    id = Guid.NewGuid();

using (var fluent = App.WorkWith())
    var pageFacade = fluent.Page().CreateNewPageGroup(id).Done();
    pageFacade.MakeChildOf(parent.Id).SaveChanges();

pageFacade.Do(p =>

p.DateCreated = pageContent.DateCreated;
        p.LastModified = pageContent.DateModified;
        p.Owner = MigrationUsers.GetUserByUsername(pageContent.Owner);
        p.Ordinal = pageContent.Ordinal;
        p.ShowInNavigation = pageContent.Navigable;

if (isMultiLanguage)

p.Description[cultureInfo] = pageContent.Description;
            p.Title[cultureInfo] = name;
            p.UrlName[cultureInfo] = urlName;

else

p.Description = pageContent.Description;
            p.Title = name;
            p.UrlName = urlName;

);

This code handles better the creation of the group pages.

As for the Summary/Description fields - they have these sizes defined in our model. You could manually increase the sizes of the database fields to whatever you need but after the next upgrade they will be reverted back to their model sizes. We will investigate if we need to increase these sizes for our next internal release.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed