4.1 Upgrade and Search Results

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:10

4.1 Upgrade and Search Results

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

I'm seeing some strange behavior where I have a standard search results widget dragged into a placeholder on my template, but upon hitting that page, I see the search results not only show up in the placeholder they were dropped to, but in another placeholder area as well.  Two search results on the page.

Anyone run into this?

- William

My search results has completely stopped working all together (post 4.1 upgrade). Below is the error that I am receiving.

ompilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0102: The type 'ASP.sfpageservice_d12edd17_5884_46ab_a1bf_6d1f87e7b8aa_inforetail_aspx' already contains a definition for 'C000'

Source Error:

Line 49: <sf:SearchBox ResultsPageId="c0ac7629-24b6-4c03-a323-216e78d17462" WordsMode="AllWords" SearchIndexPipeId="3ff33c61-5b8b-4b4b-9eab-e0aba8ff779b" ID="T7B35E7F6007"  runat="server">
Line 50: </sf:SearchBox></asp:Content><asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="copyright" runat="Server">
Line 51: <sf:NewsView ContentViewDisplayMode="Automatic" ID="C000"  runat="server">
Line 52:  <ControlDefinition ControlDefinitionName="NewsFrontend" UseWorkflow="True" ProviderName=""   runat="server" >
Line 53:  <Dialogs > </Dialogs > <Views ><sf:ContentViewDetailDefinition  ControlDefinitionName="NewsFrontend" SectionCssClass="" FieldCssClass="" ParentTitleFormat="" Description="" ResourceClassId="NewsResources" ConfigDefinitionPath="newsConfig/contentViewControls/NewsFrontend/views/NewsFrontendDetails" TemplateName="" Title="" TemplatePath="" ShowSections="False" ViewName="NewsFrontendDetails" DisplayMode="Read" TemplateKey=""  runat="server">

Source File: /SFPageService/d12edd17-5884-46ab-a1bf-6d1f87e7b8aa_InfoRetail.aspx    Line: 51

In doing more testing with this, Search Results are always doubled up on the page, and they don't necessary show the same template layout.

For instance, uploading a master page with two placeholders in it and then tossing a search results on that page, set to "Titles Only" will display a titles search results in the first placeholder and then a full results in the second placeholder... despite the fact that the control was dragged ONLY into the first.

If I have two placeholders on the page and have search results dragged to the first, and anything else dragged into the second, when I view results, the second set of search results sits above the content, pushing it down.

Which means that searching is completely unusable in 4.1 for me.

Telerik?

(I'm moving this to a ticket)

I....

Deleting the page completely, readding the page from scratch and redragging search onto the page magically worked.

I have no idea why.  Maybe some corrupted page entry or something?

Anyway, it's working now.

- William

This thread is closed