inline content editing gone after 4.1

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:15

inline content editing gone after 4.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello,
I just wanted to see if anyone else lost the ability to edit content directly on the site after the 4.1 update? I double-checked the permissions on 2 separate installations, restarted the websites and application pools for both of them but it didn't resolve it. Thank you.

Hi NWTResearch,

The behavior you're describing is not typical for the inline editing feature - can you, please sedn me some more detailed information and maybe a screenshot, so that I can inspect this issue further. Also, can you, please check if you have set the EnableBrowseAndEdit property to True (from ~/Sitefinity/Administration/Settings/Advanced ->Pages) because if it's set to False, the BrowseAndEdit functionality will be disabled.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Hello Boyan,

I have submitted a ticket for this so you can access either installation to see directly how this feature does not work. EnableBrowseAndEdit property is set to true. It was working before the 4.1 update and then didn't work after I updated the sites. Thank you.

Hello,

I have the same problem too.

Regards,
Newton

Having the same issue as well.

Believe it has something to do (at least in my case) with using your own custom page templates (uploaded my own .master file). When I use my own custom page template, can't see inline edit tab. When i change the page over to use a  sitefinity page template, i can see the inline edit tab.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello,

Please, excuse us for the inconvenience caused. Indeed there seems to be na issue with inline editing when using a master page template for your Sitefinity pages. We have logged this issue as a bug and are working on fixing it. I have put this issue in PITS so that you can easily track its status and vote for it. You can find it  on this public URL. Once again, please accept our apologies for this. Please don't hesitate to write back if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed