SF 4.1 Row Not Found (OptimisticVerificationException)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:38

SF 4.1 Row Not Found (OptimisticVerificationException)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Not sure if it can be reproduced. We had a page with double quotes in the Meta Description we had to fix. Fix was applied on second computer connected to same database. First computer did not display the page correctly (bad cache) and exception was thrown after attempt to edit the page on first computer was made. Resetting the web server seem to resolve it but definitely a concern for production use.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Row not found: GenericOID@f2d2130a PageData content_id=afc15147-5e13-424d-b2ec-03372a583b03
UPDATE [sf_page_data] SET [locked_by]=?, [last_modified]=?, [voa_version]=? WHERE [content_id] = ? AND [voa_version]=?
(set event logging to all to see parameter values)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.OptimisticVerificationException: Row not found: GenericOID@f2d2130a PageData content_id=afc15147-5e13-424d-b2ec-03372a583b03
UPDATE [sf_page_data] SET [locked_by]=?, [last_modified]=?, [voa_version]=? WHERE [content_id] = ? AND [voa_version]=?
(set event logging to all to see parameter values)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[OptimisticVerificationException: Row not found: GenericOID@f2d2130a PageData content_id=afc15147-5e13-424d-b2ec-03372a583b03
(set event logging to all to see parameter values)]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_fc8361ef58e34df286e72b01ee4554d4.CommitTransaction() +140
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SaveChanges() +51
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.SaveChanges() +12
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageEditorRouteHandler.GetPageData(SiteMapNode node) +1195
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) +120
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageEditorRouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) +39
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +8912168
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

It is very serious issue in SF 4.1 that needs prompt attention. You can see in the attached image that the issue popped up on a 'locked' page - message box appeared when 'unlock' button was clicked. Nothing helped, to get it unlocked on second computer (page showed as published on one compuer, locked on second).

Please note: Resetting IIS again restored consistent state.

It would appear to me that there is inconsistency between IIS and database states.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Pavel,

I am having hard time to replicate this issue. I see what the problem could be but we will need to investigate this further. It looks like the object gets locked. I logged a task with reference to the thread, so our QAs will make some tests.

Can you provide some more details about the environment you use. Is it NLB or just you make a request from another machine?

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,

I want to report that this same thing happened to me just now, on Sitefinity 4.2.1650. Our environment is set up on 4 servers. I believe that the error occurred when I unlocked a page locked by a person on a different server. At first I could edit the page in Sitefinity and access it on the live site, whereas the other person got an error when trying access it on the live site
Suddenly I got an OptimisticVerificationException when trying to edit the page too, and the error looked pretty much like Pavel's. When trying to delete the page, I got the same error. It turned out that the servers were out of sync and one of them displayed the error on this particular page. None of the other pages were affected.
I logged onto one of the servers what didn't display the error and deleted the page. After that, the page was deleted on two of the servers, and on the other two, the page were still there. A mystery, I'd say...

Anyway, I will try to reset the IIS and I really hope that fixes the problem. I just wanted to let you know that Pavel isn't the only one this has happened to.

Cheers,
Carina Olsson

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi,

I wanted to post an update about the problems I was experiencing yesterday. It seems that the error had something to do with the cache. When I opened Sitefinity today, the page was deleted from all servers, but still visible on the Pages section of backend Sitefinity when using Chrome (the same browser I used yesterday), but I couldn't access it (404 error). In other browsers/on other computers it was gone, although when entering the Template section, I could see that one of the templates was still used by the deleted page.

I created a brand new page, no one edited it but me, and suddenly the new page showed a Row-not-found-error on the same server that displayed the error yesterday. Upon recycling of the App pool, this error was resolved and the page from yesterday was also deleted, for real this time.

Regards,
Carina

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello Carina,

We're working on a solution for this problem. Still we have problems reproducing it on our testing environments.

Regards,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2012 00:00

any resolution to this?  we have been dealing with issues like this for several weeks now. Either on pageData or pageTemplate.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2012 00:00

We were able to get the error by having a dev workstation edit a page locally and a designer working from a staging server trying access the page gets the error. 

This is on sitefinity 5.x

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2012 00:00

Any update to this? We are Sitefijnity 5.x and are getting multiple row not found errors.

When clicking on pages the page architecture fails to load and we get a row not found .pagedraft

And while updating a page recently locked by someone we got a row not found genericOID on a template.

We have 3 load balanced servers.

This thread is closed