No Search Results

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:42

No Search Results

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello!

I am tired of this feature. I tried a lot  to get this work but nothing is happening.
I have followed the documentation about the searching and did exactly same as in documentation but no results.
I created search box and search widget and try to search the contents but nothing happened. I created indexes many time but everything is useless.
At once It started working but suddenly it stop working on creating more indexes.
This is all what happening with me.

Please tell me how search contents from build-in and customized controls ???
Please give me step by step instructions.

One thing more what I am unable to understand is "Please, specify default page for Content Items", This message is shown when I don't select default page..Please also explain what is 'Default page where Content Items are published' and why we need to specify it.?
I am using Sitefinity 4.0 SP1

Please tell me also how can I search from entire website?

Please let me know ASAP

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello waqar,

"Please, specify default page for Content Items" - this is the page on which you have dropped Content List or ContentView based control. You need to specify this page, because the result item url has to be constructed properly.

I attached a short video that shows how to set up the search.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Ivan,

Thanks for the video, can you tell me how to search content from multiple pages, I do not want the search to look in just one specific page associated to the search index instead I want to search from all the pages of my website.

Thank you,
Waqar

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi waqar,

By default the search pipe includes all pages in the index.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed