Image Library Provider Problems

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:20

Image Library Provider Problems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

I am looking at sharing news, events, libraries, taxonomy, lists and content blocks from one main Sitefinity 4.1 instance to other instances of Sitefinity (sub sites).  I am doing this by adding providers in all the sub sites pointing back to the main Sitefinity instance.  I have followed this forum post for guidance: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/sdk/sharing-content-across-multiple-sites.aspx.  The problem I am having is that even though the image library provider is working the images themselves are not showing up, all the information about the images and albums is shown but the image's url is incorrect.  I have attached a screenshot.  This also causes a problem in anything shared that uses an image from the main image library, such as news items and shared content blocks.  Is there a way to change how the image url is stored or rendered in the main site's image library?  The only work around I have found is to use the embed version of the image which contains the full url of the main Sitefinity site and paste that image tag in the news item etc.  This is far from an ideal situation.  Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Ryan,

In order to solve your problem you could set the default provider for Libraries of the sub site to the provider that uses the database of the main site. To do that go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced and select the Libraries node from the tree in the left. In the text field for DefaultProvider type the name of the new provider and click "Save changes". In this way when an image is requested then the new provider will be used to resolve the image url.

All the best,
Ivan Pelovski
the Telerik team

This thread is closed