search only indexing page titles

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:49

search only indexing page titles

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

It seems not to be indexing content I have in content blocks.

"Static HTML in pages" is checked.

Perhaps I am just misunderstanding how the search functionality works, but I would think that if I check that box, any pages that contain that string of text would appear in the results. Currently, it looks like it's only searching page titles.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

Seems like we have a bug regarding the search indexation. We reproduced the problem locally and I have logged it in PITS setting its priority to high so our teams can start looking at it as soon as possible and include a fix in our next release. I have also updated your Telerik Points.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello,

We are running SF 6.1, is this still an issue in 6.1? We seem to be having this problem and I'm hoping it's just a setting we are missing. Please let me know. I'm not able to get to the PITS you had linked to.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Matt,

I have tested the search functionality in Sitefinity 6.1 and it indexes the content of the pages, not only the titles. Here is a short video for your convenience demonstrating the result on my side.

If possible, can you please record a video demonstrating how the issue is reproduced on your side.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed