4.1 Upgrade Bug - Disappearing Content

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:49

4.1 Upgrade Bug - Disappearing Content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

I successfully upgraded one of our 4.0 sites to 4.1; for the most part, everything seems to be working well. One issue I noticed is that a page or two that had content containers populated ending up losing all of their content. Has anyone else experienced this?

UPDATE: I browsed to another page lower in the hierarchy, and that page contained the missing content from my original page. Somehow the upgrade caused page content on one page to completely move to another page. Very odd...

Thanks,
Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2011 00:00

Greg,

I experienced this with Sitefinity 4.0 on 2 different websites and 2 developers, but haven't seen it with the 3 sites I upgraded to 4.1.  At first I thought it was me, but then content moved to a page I knew that I had not touched.  Since the initial instance of this, I have not seen it repeat, thus I had assumed it was patched.

Rich

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

Can you please see if the missing content was from the Generic Content module and Content Block control? We have tried reproducing this issue and have not been able to see the problem.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

I've asked the developers to capture screenshots and document this when it happens again.

Rich

This thread is closed