Forms module missing

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:28

Forms module missing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

I removed the forms module from the menu by removing the line:
<add version="4.1.1339.0" name="Forms" />
from \App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\SystemConfig.config

I need to restore the forms module so thought I could just add this row back in and the forms module would be re-added to the menu, but it isn't.

I have built the website, restarted IIS and restarted the browser so I'm pretty sure this isn't a caching issue.

The pages for the Forms module are still there, I can access them directly, it is just the menu option that is missing.

Any ideas how I can restore the menu option?

Thanks
Dave Cooper

Hi,

Do you mind trying the following - in your SystemConfig.config change the <add version="4.1.1339.0" name="Forms" /> line to <remove name="Forms" /> and restart the application. After that change the <remove name="Forms" /> line in SystemConfig.config to <add name="Forms" /> (without specifying the version, it will be added automatically once the application restarts and the module is registered). I hope this information helps. If the problems persist, please do not hesitate to write back.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Boyan,

Thanks for your response. This hasn't fixed the issue. I changed <add version="4.1.1339.0" name="Forms" /> line to <remove name="Forms" /> and restarted the application. I then reloaded the dashboard and the application updated SystemConfig.config by removing the line <remove name="Forms" />.

I then added in the line <add name="Forms" /> and restarted the application again. SystemConfig.config was then updated by the application again, this time it changed the add forms line to:
<add title="" description="" resourceClassId="" startupType="OnFirstCall" name="Forms" />

I restarted the app again but there are no further changes made to SystemConfig.config and the Forms menu option does not get added.

Also, all my custom module entries in SystemConfig.config are removed (not an issue, I can add them back in) but my custom modules still appear in the menu. It is like they are cached despite the rebuild and IIS restart but at the same time SystemConfig.config is being updated so the menu can't be running purely from memory.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me. Can you, please, change the <add title="" description="" resourceClassId="" startupType="OnFirstCall" name="Forms" />  to
 <add title="Forms" description="Forms" resourceClassId="" startupType="OnApplicationStart" name="Forms" /> , restart the application, and notify me if this has fixed the issue.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Hi,

I followed your instructions and the app updated the line to read: <add title="Forms" description="Forms" resourceClassId="" name="Forms" /> but did not add Forms to the menu. I restarted the app a further time but still no luck.

Thanks
Dave Cooper

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

I think the issue I am having is because the Forms back end page has the "Show in navigation" option unticked.

I have tried to tick the option but the save button does not work. There is no postback or any response at all, the other link buttons on the page work fine.

I have tried this in both Firefox 4 and Chrome

Edit: No back end group pages can be edited and saved, the save button simply doesn't work. Other pages can be saved.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

OK, I have finally got Forms to appear in the menu again. I still can't get Group pages to save which is a pain but I did edit the database directly. The property is called show_in_navigation in the table sf_page_node.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi ,

I am glad that the issue you were facing has been successfully resolved. Concerning the Group pages Save button not working, I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this behavior - it was due to a bug in group page's Title for search engines being empty, and thus not allowing the user to save the changes. The bug has been fixed today, and I have just tested it on our latest internal build - works flawlessly. We will be releasing an internal build most likely by tomorrow, so you'll be able to test it for yourself. Here is the public URL where we have logged the bug in PITS. It was a pleasure for me to assist you.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed