Comparing revisions and extended properties

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:09

Comparing revisions and extended properties

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

I noticed that when comparing revisions (for example for news content) not all properties are shown. One property I'm missing is the Additional URLs.

Is that by design? Can it be changed through settings? What does it mean for custom modules, would it be possible to specify what custom fields should be shown in the revision comparison or would it always be these same properties?

Thanks in advance for your explanation!

EDIT: The compare revision view is especially boring for images, it doesn't show the actual images, so if somebody has replaced an image then there is no clear way to find out the difference. You would have to open each revision in a separate tab, but that is not easy, because most links in Sitefinity are AJAX calls, so you can't right-click > open link in new tab from the list of revisions to compare 'side-by-side' in browser tabs.

Definitely needs some improvement!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Michiel,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. I thank you for the important information you provided This appears to be a bug and I have logged it and we will be working to resolve it.
Your Telerik points have been updated accordingly.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed