Unable to change or view templates...

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:59

Unable to change or view templates...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

Whenever I try to select a page template or view page templates, I received the following error:

No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageData ('sf_page_data') GenericOID@76844400 PageData content_id=d8440da3-8cc0-497b-a4e8-224a36fa37d8

I've looked in the 'sf_page_data' table, and this row does not exist.  Is there someplace else that this is being referenced?

Please help!
-Chris B.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Chris ,

Please, check if the following query will return any results:

select *
from sf_page_node
where content_id is not null and content_id not in (select content_id from sf_page_data)

If the above query returns records, run the following script (we would strongly recommend you backup your database before executing the script):

update sf_page_node
set content_id = null, node_type = 1
where content_id is not null and content_id not in (select content_id from sf_page_data)

Let us know if this helps.

All the best,
Pepi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

When I want to edit my page templates I get an almost similar error (just different id's):
No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageData ('sf_page_data') GenericOID@4745cca3 PageData content_id=77a688c8-efe3-4409-9322-df55bef19962

The error appears in a messagebox. When clicking OK, the messagebox reappears. I have to kill the browser process to close it.

I have tried the query mentioned by Pepi, but there were no records returned in the first query. Can you inform us how to recover from this and most all how to prevent this (until there is a fix)? I was doing nothing to special, just editing a page with a navigation control added to it on the template.

Kind regards,

Rob Houweling

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hello Rob,

Could you open a new support ticket and send us the following files to investigate the issue locally:

1. Database
  2. Configuration files located in ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder
  3. web.config file
  4. Master pages (if you use any)

Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

Regards,
    Pepi
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

I have the same exact error.

I tried your Query Pepi --> no Results.

Searched the database for this id and i had no luck.

Greetings Dave

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello David,

Could you try to reset the application and then check if you can reproduce the exception? Also, it will be very helpful if you send us your error log. Currently, we are investigation a problem with second level cache
    and we suppose the reported issue could be related to it.

Kind regards,
    Pepi
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2011 00:00

Has this been resolved? I'm getting the same error? I can't edit any template files and am forced to close the browser due to infinite alert dialogs.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Jon,

Can you tell me what version of Sitefinity are you using? Have you made upgrades from previous versions? Can you provide us some exact steps to follow or access to your database? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
    Petya
    the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Please advise others to try an IIS reset. It worked for me.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2012 00:00

I just got this error in 4.4.  It is almost a year old.  Is it going to be fixed?  If the IIS reset does not wok for me (I am using the internal server) i have lost lost 6 hours of work.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2012 00:00

I just got this error in 4.4.  The bug is almost a year old.  Is it going to be fixed?  If the IIS reset does not wok for me (I am using the internal server) i have lost lost 6 hours of work.

This thread is closed