4.1 Still can't set Published Date for News Items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:15

4.1 Still can't set Published Date for News Items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I'm trying again using 4.1 to set the PublishDate for news items. As you may not realize, not all news happens when it is uploaded, sometimes it has already happened and then author needs to set the date to some point in the past. However you went through all this work of providing a great pop up widget for selecting the Date and Time to publish a news item and yet it always gets reset to the current date time. What's the point of having this as an editable field if it can't be set?

Can you please add this item to PITS and post link here so it can be voted on. The longer I wait for a stable version of SF the more news that happens for my client and the more items that I'm going to have to upload with dates in the past.

Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

Yep, I'll second this...

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

This is a huge problem for us too.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Phill Hodgkinson,

Thank you for reporting this issue. You can follow it in PITS by its ID: 5774

Greetings,

Antoaneta,
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

For anyone who wants to vote for this item, here's the actual working link ;)
Set PublishedDate on content items in PITS

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

BUMP...

This issue (BUG, not a feature) has 32 votes in PITS which from what I've seen is quite high for PITS still hasn't even been scheduled for resolution.

Can someone at Telerik give us an idea why this is such a low priority? I have a 3.7 project that I will never be able to upgrade to version 4 until this issue is resolved and based on the votes in PITS I think it's safe to assume I'm not the only one.

Would love to know what the hold up is here and how many votes are required before Telerik increases the priority of fixing a bug.

Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Phill Hodgkinson,

Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused. 
Our team is currently working hard on fixing bugs within Sitefinity. All issues are fixed based on their priority and severity which means that there are more critical bugs to be fixed before this one. However I realize how important this issue is for you so we will discuss it internally with the team and we will do our best to solve it as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed