Adding content to template does not show on pages
We are developing a site in 4.1 and content added to templates using Generic content block does not now show up on pages in the site unless you open that page for editing and hit Publish.
Is this a known bug?
Can someone please confirm?
All Sitefinity pages are being cached by default. Updating the template does not automatically expire the cache of all the pages that use the template. Clicking Publish on the page is a way to expire & refresh the cache. Alternately the web application can be restarted or caching could be disabled.
Expiring the cache automatically, based on the underlying template being updated, is probably something we should consider though.
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS
@Gabe, don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm curious about the internal build. I received no response from support or in my other thread. We were told an internal build was to be released today, any status on this?
I am running into the same issue.
I tried what Gabe suggested but I feel I am missing something here.
I recycled my Application Pool, I restarted my website in IIS but the page still serves the old content.
Do you have any other suggestions to expire cache?
@Venkata have you tried to disable caching globally? Go to Administration > Settings > Advanced > Output Cache Settings and then disable the caching there. Just to be safe, I'd recommed a quick site restart by editing web.config.
Hope that helps.
Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused. This is a known bug and we are working on delivering a solution for it. You can track the bug status and vote for it in PITS on this public URL. In the meantime, please try creating a blank ASP.NET WebForm and putting the following sample code in the codebehind file.
Code attached (WebForm1.rar) doesn't work. It throws a object reference not set to instance error.
However if you use the below code it works
I am glad that you found the provided code useful, and thank you for the correction, code worked fine on my side. The good news is that the bug has been fixed, and a fix is available in the latest internal release from yesterday - you can check with it.
All the best,
the Telerik team