create new user

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:11

create new user

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

After upgrading to 4.1 i get the following error (see attached image and the following error) when i try to create a new user.
this is a major issue. none of my permissions that i had in place work anymore.

Server Error in '/IDS' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Metadata.MetadataManager.GetMetaTypeDescription(Type dynamicType) +24
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.DynamicData.DynamicTypeDescriptionFacade.LoadDynamicTypeDescription(Type dynamicType) +28
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.UserProfiles.Web.UI.UserProfilesControl.InitializeControls(GenericContainer dialogContainer) +520
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +58
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +122
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +49
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +204
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6880

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1              

what is happening ?!?!?!?

Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

further to the above,

when trying to view the profile of a user, i get:

Server Error in '/IDS' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Metadata.MetadataManager.GetMetaTypeDescription(Type dynamicType) +24
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.DynamicData.DynamicTypeDescriptionFacade.LoadDynamicTypeDescription(Type dynamicType) +28
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.UserProfiles.Web.UI.UserProfilesControl.InitializeControls(GenericContainer dialogContainer) +520
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +122
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +49
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6880

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1 

when i select it first (check-box) and then click on the profile to view it, then i get the attached image.
very strange. what is going on?

thanks
andrei 

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

I'm getting the same exception.

Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.UserProfiles.Web.UI.UserProfilesControl.InitializeControls(GenericContainer dialogContainer) +521
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

@Andrei and @Stephen,

See the response from Telerik in a similar thread I started here.

Bottom-line, however, is that they are "working on it".  It appears the upgrade didn't make the neccessary db changes for this to work corrrectly.  I'm trying to avoid having to "redo" my site with a clean installation, and hoping they can provide an upgrade that will fix the upgrade!

Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hello Greg Figueroa,

We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system and hopefully this issue will be fixed for the upcoming SP release.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Same error after 4.1 SP2 upgrade.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Jason,

Could you try to manually create the missing SitefinityProfile and UserProfile types by executing the attached .aspx file.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

That fixed it. Thanks Lubomir!

This thread is closed