Updating Group page and can't save

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:24

Updating Group page and can't save

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

I'm hoping this post will help others catch this issue, and to let Sitefinity know of a rather user-unfriendly issue I ran into just now.

Scenario:
We are adding multiple URLs to several of our pages for SEO purposes.  Here is something peculiar I ran across while doing so.

Step 1: Make a group page
Step 2: Save group page
Step 3: Go to "Actions" >> "Title & Properties" for the group page you just made
Step 4: Click "Allow multiple URLs for this page"
Step 5: Provide a valid URL - "~/newurl"
Step 6: Click "Save changes"

...It's not saving.  What the heck is going on?  No alerts, no messages, no response at all!

Turns out that when you create a group page, the required "Title for search engines" property of the page does not get set.  Also turns out that when you have "Use this page only to group other pages" checked, you can't see this property to set it.  How to get around this issue:

Step 1: Uncheck "Use this page only to group other pages"
Step 2: Provide a value for "Title for search engines" which should now be visible
Step 3: Recheck "Use this page only to group other pages"
Step 4: Click "Save Changes"

This works for me without any other issues.  Why Sitefinity doesn't have a conditional constraint check in place...well I guess this is a small aesthetic issue in comparison to some of the other issues that are currently getting addressed.  Anyways, I hope some of you can benefit from my headache.

josh

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hello Josh,

Thank you for reporting this, and please excuse us for the inconvenience that this issue might be causing. We are aware of the problem, and have already fixed it. A fix will be provided in the upcoming internal release. You can follow the issue status here.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed