Duplicate Rad Menu

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:32

Duplicate Rad Menu

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Alright I am pulling my hair out on this one. Help would be appreciated.
I have a template based off of a custom master page, and in it I am using the RadMenu control for the main navigation.
When I preview the template and/or the page built on the template everything is fine, however when I go to view the website, 2 additional RadMenu's are placed at the bottom of page.

Now in an earlier iteration of this page design, I do believe that I dropped a secondary one into the footer for navigational purposes, but it was? removed and if it is not, I have no way of seeing and/or accessing it to delete it.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hello Jamal,

Can you, please, check this article where we're offering a solution to a similar problem. Please try the proposed method for handling this problem, and  If you need any further assistance, I'll be glad to help you further.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Thank you Boyan but the steps on how to execute this are still not completely clear.
I downloaded the code, changed the GUID, ran the pages, but the orphaned controls still aren't showing up to a point where I can delete them.

Hello Jamal,

Can you, please, try the latest internal build we released on Monday this week? The issues was addressed there. Please inform me if the problems reproduce with the internal build as well.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I am confused and leary about the disclaimer with the internal build:

NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPERS VERSION ONLY, BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY FOR YOUR DATABASE WILL NOT BE SUPPORTED WITH FUTURE VERSIONS. PLEASE DON'T UPGRADE YOUR PRODUCTION OR DEVELOPMENT WEBSITE WITH THIS RELEASE. USE ONLY TO TEST THE LATEST FUNCTIONALITY AND REMOVE ROADBLOCKING BUGS SO THAT YOU CAN CONTINUE WRITING YOUR CODE. THUS IT IS SUITABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

How to do I upgrade the projects in question and then deploy them if this version is not suitable for upgrading my production or development website? How do I then go about rectifying my problem with this build?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hi Jamal,

We are releasing internal build versions, so that our clients can test wheteher the issues they have reported are fixed, that's why internal builds are for testing purposes only, as they haven't undergone the internal testing that we do for official releases. You can upgrade a copy of your project and check if the issues still reproduce, so that you, or your client respectively will have timely information about the status of the reported issue. However, you can wait till the next week when we have scheduled our Sp1 release, which will be officially supported, and you can upgrade your live site to it.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed