Sitefinity control overlap problem

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:44

Sitefinity control overlap problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2011 00:00

How do you edit the properties of a control in the Sitefinity backend when another control pops up in front of the first control's Edit button? For example, if I try to edit the Navigation control on the University template in the SDK 4.1 Education Starter Kit, the Language Selector control Edit button pops up in front of it. See attached screen shot.

Thanks,
Mike

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hello Mike,

Can you, please, check if  inline editing (browse-and-edit) allows you to edit the controls separately?

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Boyan,

I was unable to test this because I encountered another issue. The inline editing "Tools" are not displaying for any of my Sitefinity projects, including the SDK 4.1 Education Starter Kit and Charity Starter Kit. I have not changed anything in the starter kits other than the cookie names. I have not changed the EnableBrowseAndEdit setting, which is set to its default value of "True". The Tools do not show up in either IE or Chrome. I am signed in Sitefinity as an administrator. What could be causing the Tools not to display?

Thanks,
Mike

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Boyan,

I figured out that the inline editing "Tools" button does not display on any pages that use a custom template based on a custom master page, which includes the SDK 4.1 starter kits. If I change a page to use a built-in template the "Tools" button displays properly. This appears to be a bug. Please confirm.

Thanks,
Mike

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hi Mike,

Thank you for  getting back to me. Yes, that's what I was going to point out - unfortunatelly we had thus bug introduced with the 4.1 release version, and we had it fixed afterwards. The fix is available in our latest internal build and will also be included in the upcoming Service Pack. What you can do is to wait for a couple more days until we release it and manually upgrade your starter kit. Or you can just wait until we release the upgraded versions which usually takes about a week. I hope you find this information useful, if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask, I'll be glad to help you.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed