The resource cannot be found.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:28

The resource cannot be found.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2011 00:00

Very experienced with sitefinity 3.x, new to sitefinity 4.1

Ran the installer, all is good, went through setup, configured database and ready to go.

Sitefinity admin is working great, been able to upload our first test master page etc.

When testing it in browser though, something was odd, our images werent appearing.

I figured it was our css such as typical path issue, but it wasnt.

When loading any of our image url's in the browser, they're all returning 404 errors.

ie:

/images/template/logo.png
/images/template/background.gif
/images/template/test.jpg
(all formatS)

When manually browsing to the /images folder, we can browse to the template folder, then click on one of those files (so im positive they exist), and returns 404 error.

Incase this was some sort of url routing issue with the development server, we've tried:
- Debugging through visual web developer
- running it from the sitefinity project manager
- setting up a website on IIS7 directly and running from there

our other files, such as /css/test.css, are loading just fine.

The MIME types for images exist on the server (IIS)

So currently, i'm stumped.

Am i missing something really obvious?

thanks,

Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

From the sound of it looks like you are experiencing the problem when creating a new project? Am I right? If that is the case the issue may be originating from your IIS configuration. The wildcard handler mapping method should be enabled in order for the images to function properly.

Could you please check the following tutorials on how to set up Sitefinity on IIS and especially to Wildcard Mapping:

How to setup Sitefinity on IIS 6:

www.sitefinity.com/.../installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_6.aspx

How to setup Sitefinity on IIS 7:

www.sitefinity.com/.../installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_7.aspx

Please inform me if  the proposed solution helps you.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Unfortunately no luck

attached screenshot from iis showing wildcards enabled

Also yes, this is a new installation

Keep in mind, this also happens when we dont use IIS and use the sitefinity server or through visual web developer compiling.    Other websites on this computer are functioning normally when testing

thx

Chris

An additional update -- we've tried this on a different, older machine (windows xp instead of windows 7), same result. 

All we're doing is
- running sitefinity setup (localhost database)
- cutting/pasting the images folder into our newly created site
- trying to load images into our browser

thx

Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

Thank you for getting back to me.

If you have set all the necessary mappings and settings correctly, the problem may be occurring because in SF 4.1 virtual paths cannot match the physical paths of libraries ( this counts for both images and videos ). Please check the following KB article which explains how to go around this issue.

There is one more option that you can check if the images are not served, but its mainly concerning IIS.  -uncheck 'Verify if file exists' checkbox located in your Wildcard Application Map setting.

Please get back to me if the above article & setting cannot resolve the problem.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Thank you very much!

This resolved our issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

Glad to hear the solution helped you. I will close this thread for now but if you have any more questions about this service request do not hesitate to contact me again.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello, I have followed the instructions here -- and have success with all of my images.
www.sitefinity.com/.../static-files-are-not-served-from-images-or-videos-folders.aspx

My problem is - I'm having a similar issue with my javascript. All my j/s is located at 
~/js

If I try to call a .js file, I get a 404 - but the file IS THERE. Just like Chris explained for the images, I have the same problem for my j/s files located at the root, ~/js

I don't see a place to apply similar changes for javascript, like I would for images and video's. 

Do you have a way for me to fix this?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Mexner,

If you want to use javascript in a custom control, you need to add the following:

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sf" %>

and also to register the proper assembly and the following markup for your custom file:

<sf:ResourceLinksid="resourcesLinks"runat="server">
    <sf:ResourceFileName="JS/myJS.js"/>
</sf:ResourceLinks

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed