Page templates listed in random order

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:46

Page templates listed in random order

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2011 00:00

Is there any logical order to the list of Page Templates? It seems to be random for both the default templates and newly added templates.

Requested bug fix:
- Sort the Page Templates in a logical default sort order. Sorting by Title is the most obvious/expected behavior.

Requested features:
- Support sorting the Page Templates by any column by clicking on that column heading, preferably adding a column heading for the number of pages that use the template.
or
- Support sorting the Page Templates in a user-specified order by allowing the user to drag-and-drop the templates in the desired order - like a user specifies the sort order of Pages in the page list.

Thanks,
Mike

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately the ordering of Page Templates is not possible to be controlled by user specified terms. Custom page templates are ordered alphabetically with precedence of numbers under the template of 1 Column, Header, Footer.
Thank you for your feature requests I have added them to the release in Q2 around 25.07.2011 and we will be working for providing the required functionality.
The bug fix you require will not bother you with the introduction of the sorting functions.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2011 00:00

For me, custom templates are loading in somewhat random order. They don't even seem to be sorted by when they were published.

I agree that the listing of templates should be at least alphabetical by template name.

What is the logic of doing it any other way?

Please help.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Phil,

The problem is resolved in the latest version Sitefinity 4.1 sp2 v 1501. You can take advantage of this now.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

That's the version we are running: Sitefinity 4.1.1501.0 SB.
So, our issue is not resolved with that release.

Dev site is here: http://ccnbmbaa.org.gall.arvixe.com/

Any other thoughts?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Phil ,

Attached is a video demonstrating creation of page templates and the alphabetical ordering in Sitefinity 1501.
We just released Service Pack 3 you may try it to see if it will fix your problem. Alternatively can you create a blank project and try it there. If it is working the blank project there should be some problem with your project.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2012 00:00

Has this regressed in 4.4.2117?  I have multiple websites where the templates aren't in alpha order.  The most difficult part about it is when selecting a template for a new page.  It's a grid of randomly ordered templates.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

There has been a regression on the problem. I have logged a bug thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Here is the bug in PITS.

I have updated your Telerik points!

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2012 00:00

I just loaded up 5.1.3450, and this is still happening. Can the template list be set to sort alphabetically in a hotfix?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2012 00:00

I have a feature request to be able to have an easy way to add thumbs for templats.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/suggestions/cutsom-template-master-thumb.aspx 

This would be a great help as well. As for alphabetical sorting don't get your hopes up to heigh. At the moment image libraries do get not sorted alphabetically which is a major pain in the neck when you have about 200 galieries. I was told that having them sorted alphabetically is a feature request and not a bug.

Vote here  http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/6111  5.2 should addres the most requested PITS as per Roeadap and 5.3 should have a major focus on bug fixing and approving small stuff for small guys :-)

Markus

This thread is closed