Can't delete or publish a draft in a library

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:29

Can't delete or publish a draft in a library

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2011 00:00

I uploaded a document (actually, I uploaded it twice!) and saved it as a draft.

If I try and either publish it or delete it, I get a workflow error. (see attached image)

Given that I'm using the Community Edition for this site, that is a bit of a surprise!

Now what do I do?

-- 
Stuart

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2011 00:00

Hmmm.

It thinks the document size is 0Kb although it is, in fact, not; it's 9KB.

If I replace the file with something larger, I can do all the things I need to do.

-- 
Stuart

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hello Stuart,

The error could be thrown if the user you use does not have permissions to delete content items. Do you use an administrator? Can you try to replicate this issue if you use an admin user which has unrestricted permissions.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

I should have made it plain. I was the user. The user was the admin user.

As I said, once I replaced the file with a version that Sitefinity thought wasn't 0Kb, I was able to carry out the actions.

-- 
Stuart

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Hi Stuart Hemming,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Can you please let us know if the upload process has been interrupted due to some reason. For example you have selected upload, however while uploading you have canceled the upload. Then uploaded again. Or if there has been an error the first time.

We have had similar problems when the upload did not complete for some reason however those issues were addressed in Sitefinity 4.1.

Also please note that if the upload process is canceled the uploaded cannot clean up the temporary folder which holds the temp files until they are added to the library. In this case you will have to manually clean them from ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Temp

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed