Edited label not visible

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:35

Edited label not visible

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

I added a Form to the site. When the user fills the form and presses the submit button the message "
Success! Thanks for filling out our form!" appears.
I wanted to change this message and edited  both labels I found this text:
Type: FormsResources
Key: SuccessThanksForFillingOutOurForm

Type: UserProfilesResources
Key: SuccessThanksForFillingOutOurForm

Unfortunately I don't see the change.
Did I made a mistake or missed something?

Perry

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hi Perry,

Changing this label won't afftect the setting for the Form submission confirmation message, as you correctly observed. The proper way to set the on submission behavior is from the settings tab when editing a Form. Please take a look at the attached screenshot to get a better idea of the location of the settings tab.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Thank you Boyan,

I missed those settings completely.

Sincerely,
Perry

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2011 00:00

This is fine for created forms but what about the confirmation-of-submission message for the Blog Comment form? I tried editing the message through the System/Interface Labels & Messages section but it doesn't change anything. Please advise.

Update: Sorry. The changes to System/Interface Labels & Messages did take effect but after a few minutes. I don't know if I was having browser caching issues but in the end I was able to edit this message.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Rhello,

I'm glad that the issue is resolved. Please note that you might need to restart the application in order for the new resource entries to be loaded and make sure that they are not loaded form cache, as you have properly pointed out. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed