Backend pages is displaying front end pages

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:59

Backend pages is displaying front end pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Using 4.1 - navigating to Administration > BackendPages shows the warning about editing the admin interface, then redirects to a list of front end pages when I click on OK.

Hi Ryan,

Can you tell me which browser you are using, because I was able to reproduce the issue only with Opera which is not supported by Sitefinity. All other browsers ( IE, Firefox, Chrome updated to latest versions ) can access the backend pages without any problems.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Victor

I'm using Firefox 4.0.1 - the issue has resolved itself after a restart of the server, but was reproducible until then.

Ryan

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi Ryan,

Seems like this issue is hard to reproduce. The issue may be result of some cache that has been stacked up. Anyway if you experience the issue again or find a way to reproduce it, contact me again in order to investigate. I will close the ticket for now.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hi Victor
It has started happening again today, and a server restart did not fix the issue, but clearing my browser cache did.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hi Ryan,

Can you run Firebug and see if there is any error coming up there when you try to access the pages? Also please note that Firefox 4.x is still not officially supported. Can you replicate the issue with FF 3.x or any other?

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

This is happening to me constantly. I've just upgraded a project to 4.1 (although I hadn't used the back end pages when it was still 4.0 so I don't know if it was happening then too) and when I first go to the back end pages they get displayed fine, but any return visit (this includes editing a page, publishing and being returned to the page list) shows the front end pages.

This is using the Project Manager/built in server, in Chrome and Firefox 3.6.17. Restarting project manager fixes it, but again only for the first time view.

Insanely frustrating. Any suggestions?

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2011 00:00

Hi Nick,

I managed to reproduce the problem in this case (reproduced in all browsers):

1. Go to Pages and create at least two pages
  2. Move one of the pages under the other page
  3. Go to Administration > Backend Pages
As a result : frontend pages are loaded
Workaround: clear your browser cache and cookies

I'm logging this as a bug and updating your Telerik points
You can follow the issue here: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/6269

Best wishes,
Petya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

Will Opera ever be supported?
Thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Andrei,

Yes, we have plans to support Opera. We will do our best to support it as soon as possible.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed