"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.&

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:15

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object." JavaScript Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

I am developing a website using Sitefinity 4.1 and it worked great. However, since I changed one page's "Use this page only to group other pages" and "This page redirects to another page" options, I am getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." JavaScript error whenever I visit Design > Page Templates page. Please see attached screen shot.
When I tried to change the page's "Use this page only to group other pages" and "This page redirects to another page" options, I found that "Save Changes" button didn't work in some cases, but I don't know this was related to the JavaScript error I am getting.
Has anyone experienced this error? Any solution? I appreciate any help.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi Juyong,

The problems you are experiencing  are fixed in the internal build (ver. 4.1.1367) released this week.

Also you can find  the solution in this post: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/object-reference-not-set-to-an-instance-of-an-object-in-design-template.aspx

About your second issue there is a PITS logged. The ID is 5606.

As a workaround I can suggest you :

1.  Uncheck Use this page only to group other pages page
  2.  Type any title in Title for search engines field
  3.  Check again Use this page only to group other pages option and make any changes
  4.  Click  Save Changes

All the best,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed