newsview not bringing in item summary

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:46

newsview not bringing in item summary

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Our site was set up to use the news modules to post case studies. We want to reorganize the case studies to be grouped by category. The easiest way for me to do this was to put multiple newsview controls in the content area and pull in case studies from a specific category. However, though the original newsview control is pulling in the content summary the other ones are just pulling in the title. I have checked and doublechecked all the settings of the control and they are the same. Can anyone tell me why one newsview control works correctly and the others do not? is there a problem with having more than one newsview control per page?

http://www.pressganey.com/researchResources/hospitals/caseStudies_2.aspx

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Hi Kathleen,

I see that this thread has been opened for Sitefinity 4.0, but the link you have provided is for a website using Sitefinity 3.7. Can you, please clarify for which version do you want to implement this functionality? If it's for 3.7 I have followed the steps you described and all 3 newsview widgets display fine when set to show news belonging to different categories. What you might want to check is if you have filled in the summary field for each news item, as this is the text that's being displayed in list mode. Also, please make sure you have specified the widget to display the news summary(please refer to the attached screenshot).
If you were referring to Sitefinity 4.x, than check if you are applying the same template for all News widgets for List settings.
I hope you find the above information useful. If you need any further assistance, please write back.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan,

If you looked at my page you see that the first newsview functions correctly - the summary field is actually not populated - it brings in the content area instead. All of the newsgroups are set up the same so i dont know why one would work and the others would not.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2011 00:00

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for getting back to me. Is it possible to provide me with temporary login credentials to your site's backend so that I can inspect this behavior further? Thank you in advance.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed