Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:09

Lists: Return code: 12152

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I found a bug in the Lists module.

Steps to reproduce on clean install of sitefinity 4.1
- Content -> Lists
Create a list, create a listitem, go into HTML mode and type in a bunch of characters. I pasted 1234567890 in untill the editor was filled up.

After this you get the 12152 error

Presumably it has to do with there being no spaces in the content?

I use this in a project to store a comma-separated-string that holds settings data for a profile.

Regards,
  Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

The bug you found was successfully reproduced on our local environment. Seems like both the Design and HTML fields have a limitation of 255 characters which are being repeated. We have logged it in our system - PITS so you can vote and track the progress of the issue. I have also updated your Telerik Points.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

I was copying the hTML of generic content in an older SF3.5 project and pasting that into "Content Blocks" of a new SF4.1 project. When publishing the page refresh failed and locked. I closed the SF4.1 project and restarted. All worked fine expected when opening "Content Blocks" Message box with "Return code: 12152" is presented and system is locked. Pleased help.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello John,

Can you please give us a little bit more information on your situation? Please check whether something blocks the web service call. You can easily observe HTTP request and response with Fire Bug and its Net tab. Also check for some js errors.

Also please tell me if the text you paste in content block throws the same error when you create news item and paste it there or generic content.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

I get this same Error on Content Blocks section.  I have upgraded to 4.1 SP2 and it still does not work.  I have sent my project to the team for someone to look at but am hoping someone else might have solved this already.   When I click on Content -> Content Blocks   I get a blank page then an error code : 12152 box.

Please help we have had so much trouble with the upgrades every time there is an update it takes us over a week to get everything working again.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Jed Horovitz,

I have answered you in the support ticket you have opened.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

After much time here is what I discovered:  When copying the html code from a shared content module of a previous SF version AND IF within this html code there is a link to an internal page of the original site AND that link had been created by a SF page link wizard of any type, a server error is thrown when this html code is added to a SF 4.xx content block and published. Unfortunately if you progress without hitting the back button to delete this "content block" you just created it will disable the use of the "content block" widget SF 4.xx making it next to impossible to recover. For me in my neophyte knowledge it was a complete project "do over".  When it happened the third time the back key saved me. The reason for this is the page link created by the SF wizard is a SF "id" known only to the previous SF version project. It appears an exception has not yet been written to handle this error.

This also may be a clue to what is happening in upgrades. 

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2011 00:00

I'm also encountering this error, although in the Blog Posts module.  I have a Production Sitefinity 4.0 RC site that was upgrade to 4.1 SP2 (4.1.1501.0).  Now there is an intermittent issue with the back-end where choosing to edit a blog post will show the loading screen before progressing to an empty blog post edit view and reports "Return code: 12152" [See screen capture 01-edit_blog_post_return_code.png] -- Choosing OK to this dialog returns me to the blog post listing and after a short while then reports an OpenAccess error [See screen capture 02-subsequent_openaccess_error.png].

The blog posts listing / edit views are generally out-of-the-box except the blog posts have been customized with four custom fields, all defined as long text.

I'm including the snippets from the trace log in case they offer any insight.

Request:

<EventID>983077</EventID>
<Type>3</Type>
<SubType Name="Information">0</SubType>
<Level>8</Level>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-06-29T16:42:55.9312249Z" />
<Source Name="System.ServiceModel" />
<Correlation ActivityID="6d2ea373-54f3-4d1f-bf5a-3d7dc9f3af33" />
<Execution ProcessName="WebDev.WebServer40" ProcessID="8332" ThreadID="26" />
<Channel />
<Computer>WS-HAXBY</Computer>
</System>
<ApplicationData>
<TraceData>
<DataItem>
<TraceRecord xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2004/10/E2ETraceEvent/TraceRecord" Severity="Information">
<Description>Incoming HTTP request to URI 'http://localhost:61962/Sitefinity/Services/Content/BlogPostService.svc/parent/e62d8dda-d2f0-4970-96df-bcc2c8f2c96f/6e719830-8300-4e66-9191-e67aa09f40bd/?itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Blogs.Model.BlogPost&parentItemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Blogs.Model.Blog&OpenAccessDataProviderproviderName=&managerType=&provider=OpenAccessDataProvider&checkOut=true&unv_tstmp_prm=1309365775923' matched operation 'GetChildContent'.</Description>
<AppDomain>e50516a0-1-129538384108057220</AppDomain>
<Source>System.String/-233908633</Source>
</TraceRecord>
</DataItem>
</TraceData>
</ApplicationData>
</E2ETraceEvent>

Response (Exception):

<EventID>131076</EventID>
<Type>3</Type>
<SubType Name="Error">0</SubType>
<Level>2</Level>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-06-29T16:43:02.2918609Z" />
<Source Name="System.ServiceModel" />
<Correlation ActivityID="6d2ea373-54f3-4d1f-bf5a-3d7dc9f3af33" />
<Execution ProcessName="WebDev.WebServer40" ProcessID="8332" ThreadID="26" />
<Channel />
<Computer>WS-HAXBY</Computer>
</System>
<ApplicationData>
<TraceData>
<DataItem>
<Description>Handling an exception.</Description>
<AppDomain>e50516a0-1-129538384108057220</AppDomain>
<Exception>
<ExceptionType>Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.LockNotGrantedException, Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2011.1.510.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342</ExceptionType>
<Message>Insert of '634057116-59f0cf48-0fe7-4d94-be73-855d637a02af' failed: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Lock request time out period exceeded.
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.PreparedStatementImp.execute()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.PooledPreparedStatement.execute()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes)
INSERT INTO [sf_blog_posts] ([approval_workflow_state_], [citations], [content_], [hsrp_note], [related_news], [related_research], [summary_], [id], [can_inherit_permissions], [inherits_permissions], [parent_id], [description_], [title_], [url_name_], [allow_comments], [allow_track_backs], [app_name], [approve_comments], [content_id], [content_state], [date_created], [default_page_id], [draft_culture], [email_author], [expiration_date], [last_modified], [last_modified_by], [original_content_id], [ownr], [post_rights], [publication_date], [source_key], [status], [vrsion], [views_count], [visible], [votes_count], [votes_sum], [voa_version]) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
(set event logging to all to see parameter values)</Message>
<StackTrace>
at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessBlogProvider_86e2a72dd31f418195ee6b90bc009678.CommitTransaction()
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SaveChanges()
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveChanges(IManager manager)
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.GetChildContentInternal(String parentId, String contentId, String providerName, String version, Boolean published, Boolean checkOut)
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.GetChildContent(String parentId, String contentId, String providerName, String newParentId, String version, Boolean published, Boolean checkOut, String workflowOperation)
at SyncInvokeGetChildContent(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
</StackTrace>
<ExceptionString>Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.LockNotGrantedException: Insert of '634057116-59f0cf48-0fe7-4d94-be73-855d637a02af' failed: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Lock request time out period exceeded.
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.PreparedStatementImp.execute()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.PooledPreparedStatement.execute()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes)
INSERT INTO [sf_blog_posts] ([approval_workflow_state_], [citations], [content_], [hsrp_note], [related_news], [related_research], [summary_], [id], [can_inherit_permissions], [inherits_permissions], [parent_id], [description_], [title_], [url_name_], [allow_comments], [allow_track_backs], [app_name], [approve_comments], [content_id], [content_state], [date_created], [default_page_id], [draft_culture], [email_author], [expiration_date], [last_modified], [last_modified_by], [original_content_id], [ownr], [post_rights], [publication_date], [source_key], [status], [vrsion], [views_count], [visible], [votes_count], [votes_sum], [voa_version]) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
(set event logging to all to see parameter values)
   at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessBlogProvider_86e2a72dd31f418195ee6b90bc009678.CommitTransaction()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SaveChanges()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.SaveChanges(IManager manager)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.GetChildContentInternal(String parentId, String contentId, String providerName, String version, Boolean published, Boolean checkOut)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.ContentServiceBase`5.GetChildContent(String parentId, String contentId, String providerName, String newParentId, String version, Boolean published, Boolean checkOut, String workflowOperation)
   at SyncInvokeGetChildContent(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)</ExceptionString>
</Exception>
</TraceRecord>
</DataItem>
</TraceData>
</ApplicationData>
</E2ETraceEvent>

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi John,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Can you provide more information - what exactly is the html you are copying from the previous version? Can you also send us your project and database or provide us access to the backend. A short video describing the problem should be helpful, too. Thank you in advance!

According to Anthony's issue, upgrade from RC to to 4.1 SP2 (4.1.1501.0) is not a supported upgrade. Is this reproducible only with the blog posts? Can you also send us some backup of your database and config files. Thanks a lot!

All the best,

Petya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello,

I'm getting the same error (12152).

How did I get it:
1) created custom content module regarding http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-07-07/creating_sitefinity_4_content_modules_part_1_project_preparation_and_hello_world.aspx
2) created new blank web-site
3) registered content module
4) in the content module landing page, clicked "create new item"
5) Entered all fields and clicked "Create"

That is it.
Please let me know how can I locate problem. Because just error number it is not very informative message.

Thanks,
Denis.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Denis,

The error 12152 is not an error that can be linked to a specific problem. It concerns different issues. To advise you further I will need to look at the problem at my end. Can you please send me the project and a backup of the database? You can send this in a support ticket and if the files are too big to attach to the ticket please upload them to an FTP and provide me with credentials.

The problem with the module is connected with the implementation of OpenAccess you created in the module project. Can you confirm you have Sitefinity SDK for the version of Sitefinity installed when you run the module?
Also I would suggest to download the latest SDK 4.2 and get the Locations module project which is the same as the tutorial you followed and add it to your project. You should not experience these problems. You can review the complete project and correct the differences.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Denis,

I have looked over the module you sent and the problem was coming from the module service the classes needs to be Public. All inherited classes here

public class PortfolioItemsBackendService : ContentServiceBase<PortfolioItem, PortfolioItemViewModel, PortfolioItemsManager>

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

Thank you Stanislav.
That was the problem!

This thread is closed