Navigation widget style issue with group use only page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:45

Navigation widget style issue with group use only page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

1. I created 'Finding Help & Information' page with 'Show in navigation' and 'Use this page only to group other pages' options selected.

2. I added three pages under 'Finding Help & Information' page. On each of them I added navigation widget with 'horizontal' and
'all pages under particular page' option is selected. I selected 'Finding Help & Information' for the page for the option.

3. In this page setting, if I click on 'Finding Help & Information', it opens first child page of clicked page since it is group use only page. However, first menu item of navigation widget is not properly treated as selected item. See screen shot for understanding.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2011 00:00

Hello Paul,

Some css style gets overwritten and it is connected with a:active declaration if you have some scripts running on the page that get to interfere with the styling of RadMenu. Please review it with firebug and change the conflicting declarations if you are using some custom templates for navigation or page. In default settings it is working properly ( see screenshot ).

Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2011 00:00

Thank Stanislav.
The issue existed when the child page's parent page was clicked and the parent page was 'group use only' page which showed its first child page when it was clicked.
I checked HTML code generated by sitefinity, and found that 'rtsSelected' class was missing in <a> tag in this case. And if I click on the first tab, it renders selected tab correctly. Please see attached screen shot and code.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hello Paul,

By design the group page is made to show the content of the first child page. This excludes the function the link to that page to appear selected. If you notice in the url when you select the group page it says "/grouppage" and the group page is the active page, when child page is selected "/grouppage/page1". In order the first child to appear selected you should write code that will change the url of the group page to the url of the first child. Or if it suits the purpose simply create a redirect page.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Dear Stanislav

Could it make sense

a) to change the URL to the childpage so clients can copy it if they want to
b) enable the function where the menu PageGroup will be open and the Page is selected for styling since this is where you are standing on.

Always thought the panalbar should work this way and would hope Telerik would change that.

I for one would vote for such an behavoir change!

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

A) Changing the URL of the group page which has no content but is just a link that always displays the first child contents by default is only one way to make the first child appear selected. For a second option a JQuery could prove to be useful when the group page is selected the child will appear as selected using this.
B) We have planned big improvements for the navigation control to be released in 2011.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Dear Stanislav

A) Have I understood you correct. Instead of having an PageGroup use a Page and link it to the first page of the group kind of how I would link to http://www.someurl.com?

If yes this would be an easy workaround but of course would not work if the end-user drags an differen page to the top of the (virtual) PageGroup.

Also an different Symbol would be displayed.

So I still vote that the PageGroup should behave in a matter that it redirects to the first child page and also changes the url, and apply the selected style to the fist child of the group.

B)

Looking forward to a lot improvments. Please do not only think programmer wise but also designer wise. RadMenu horizontal and vertical instead of tabstrip and radmenu.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Markus,

Yes it is true if a user with the permissions to modify pages does drag a different page at the top of a page group it will no longer work as the current default implementation of page groups is to show the content of the first child page. The improvements in the navigation control are aimed to provide more designer wise solution.
I understand the frustration customizing stuff might be causing troubles like creating custom controls using panelbar or other, and this is the aim of the forums to help each other.
Thank you for your constructive feedback, I want to point out that exactly thanks to our customers active participation and constructive feedback we are able to get your viewpoint and try meeting the demands you point out. We appreciate it.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed